Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
NOTE: missed out 101 in the subject. apologies.

For those users who would like to dive into Arch Linux but would rather use the time of having Arch up and running and then reading its formidable WIKI (tho I still recommend get your hands dirty to install Arch), you may choose to use the "Evo/Lution Linux" successor to install it.

Its called Architect Linux and can be available for download at Sourceforge page.

Beware: you will not get the FULL BLOWN desktop like you would with Fedora or Ubuntu for example.

What you get is a Vanilla desktop, but thats one beauty of Arch, same in Debian.

I am not going to make a guide in how to install etc since it is pretty straight forward via CLI (nope, no GUI). I would however point out that if you are not comfortable in partitioning your disk via CLI, use Gparted in a live iso first and yes you will need to read up on what and how to partition for Arch Linux.

Any issues, problems or want more info, just google Architect Linux forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.