Arch Linux interfaces

g4nu5

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2018
how to find or install by default arch linux pure with gnome or xfce or any interface but should be by default ? why we need install from zero

Reactions: bribon77

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This is how Arch linux is. You have to install everything from zero and you have the freedom to only install what you want to. There's no default when it comes to Arch linux.
If you want to use something based on Arch then use Manjaro. This is the best Arch based distro and my personal favorite of all linx distros.

g4nu5

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2018
This is how Arch linux is. You have to install everything from zero and you have the freedom to only install what you want to. There's no default when it comes to Arch linux.
If you want to use something based on Arch then use Manjaro. This is the best Arch based distro and my personal favorite of all linx distros.

aha actually you are right, thanks and i agree with you

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
how to find or install by default arch linux pure with gnome or xfce or any interface but should be by default ? why we need install from zero
I personally like the rolling releases of Arch, but rather defer installing 'bleeding edge' software until the bugs are resolved, that is why I use Manjaro (has its own repositories derived from Arch). When you prefer the real deal: you have to dive in and learn how to tailor it to your needs (wiki installation guide), it is a DIY distro

Antergos (based on Arch without the hassle of DIY) offered an easy start for Arch linux. Antergo is dicontinued. Reborn-OS is the (sort-of) reincarnation of Antergos, but their last post dates from august 2019 about donations (so I am uncertain on the status of this distro). You might have a look at ArcoLinux , it has a six step learning plan offering Arch plus Xfce in the first step.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This might be exactly what you are looking for:
I haven't tried it, though.
EndeavorOs will get you over the first hurdle, it will give you a functional Arch installation with desktop. But it won't protect you from oddball updates with incompatibilities that cause issues and might break your OS.
That's why Manjaro is better for most folks. Arch on its own is not a distro in the normal sense of the word. There is no team trying to make sure the pieces of the puzzle actually fit together right. They just give you packages and you try to make it work.
Arch=Anarchy

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
With Archi I have tried to install it in Virtual box, several times and I have not succeeded, after following the tutorials, it has always given me error. It is possible that the tutorials that I have have not been updated.
But really Archi Linux is tedious to install.
It is a subject that I have pending.:)

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
if you by legends mean geek, then i agree with you :) I deleted Gentoo a day or two later, i just wanted to successfully install it for some reason.
I typed emerge firefox and waited about 1 hour to install firefox, so i said FCK IT and deleted it

Reactions: bribon77 and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you by legends mean geek, then i agree with you :) I deleted Gentoo a day or two later, i just wanted to successfully install it for some reason.
I typed emerge firefox and waited about 1 hour to install firefox, so i said FCK IT and deleted it
I bet you learned a lot installing Gentoo. Sounds like a real challenge and learning experience.

Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.