roger_m

Level 21
Content Creator
Verified
Told you, I found my old PC was quick to boot with new drivers and updated MEI FW from Win-RAID and my laptop was absolute junk on W10 to actually usable.
I usually use driver update software to replace generic drivers with OEM ones (and installing missing ones). But it's handy to know that I can get the drivers from Microsoft too.

Reactions: Vasudev

imuade

Level 7
Verified
The way I do:
Right click on MyPC --> Properties --> Devices --> Right click on the device you wanna update --> Properties --> Tab "driver" --> update driver --> search for drivers online

notabot

Level 8
I have the inverse question, how to change from OEM drivers to the ones from Windows update.

When OEM drivers have been installed, unless drivers are excluded from Windows update, the update process breaks for me

Vasudev

Level 28
Verified
I have the inverse question, how to change from OEM drivers to the ones from Windows update.

When OEM drivers have been installed, unless drivers are excluded from Windows update, the update process breaks for me
Use Revo or wise uninstaller, reboot and use RAPR lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer to remove any remnants of the uninstalled driver. Its dangerous tool but RAPR has section such as audio,video etc.. so you won't mess up.

Reactions: rockstarrocks

zzz00m

Level 5
I have found Microsoft drivers for Windows 10 seem to be OK for system level components on the motherboard, and for peripherals like keyboards, mice, etc. My mobo manufacturer stopped issuing driver updates years ago.

But for video, sound, printers, and any add-in PCIe cards, etc., I would go with the manufacturer drivers.

Reactions: Vasudev and roger_m