Are these the 10 best Anti-Hacking Software?

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Windowsreport.com recently published an article titled..."10 best anti-hacking software for Windows 10"...
and I was very surprised by what was Included ,and absent from this list....

For the full article,and the reasons for their selection please visit the above link,but for the purpose of this poll I will list the software that they selected..

1. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
  2. Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
  3. Anti-Hacker
  4. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  5. McAfee Security Scan Plus
  6. Spybot Search & Destroy – free edition
  7. HitmanPro
  8. Trojan Remover
  9. SUPERAntiSpyware
  10. Reason Core Security
The Poll asks you to select which of these software YOU think SHOULD NOT have been Included in a top 10 of Anti-Hacking software...

Which Software should be removed from this 10?
Which Software should have been Included ,that was not?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What on earth is "Anti-Hacking"?
What is "Anti-Hacker"?
McAfee Security Scan Plus, really? It's almost a PUP.
S&D was really good back then, now less.
Same for SAS.
Never used Trojan Remover.
Reason Core Security have a good online glossary, but I didn't see anything amazing about their product so far.

Edit: And Reimage Repair didn't even make their list? I don't get it, apparently, they recommend it, even though it's a known PUP.

8WKKo4A.png

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Thanks for the thread :)
On this list, I only have run /tested Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and I think it has its place.
I think a good tool isn't a "remover only".
Could add ZAM in Premium version (and Crystal Security : it let nothing pass when I make tests for analysis I post )

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I won't mention what products should be removed from the list (there are at least 5 of them), but in my opinion Comodo Firewall should be present on the list
Right, I thought this was a trick from Logethica lol
I really thought this was a joke or trick thread. Logethica, how did you keep a straight face while posting this, or did you ? :p

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Turning on firewall and updating programs is pretty much what average user needs for "anti hacking".

Anti hacking; it's worded so stupidly that you can put anything and kitchen sink in this category.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Right, I thought this was a trick from Logethica lol
I really thought this was a joke or trick thread. Logethica, how did you keep a straight face while posting this, or did you ? :p
I couldn't believe my eyes when I found it @_CyberGhosT_ :D
It really makes me wonder who writes these things...

Windowsreport.com says that..
"This article aims at listing the best anti-hacking software you can use in Windows 10, to make it harder if not impossible for hackers to access your computer." :rolleyes:
I think that this "windows reporter" needs some "windex" to help him see the world outside a little clearer..;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.