Guide | How To Are you cyber savvy ?

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
L

LabZero

Thread author
The Internet, like the physical world, may be safe or unsafe, depending on your habits. You are safe in the street if you use crosswalks and obey traffic lights, but we don’t recommend that you stroll around late at night with a wad of cash sticking out of your pocket. Life on the Internet comes with a few rules that are equally obvious, but not everyone is familiar with them. By taking this test, you will discover the degree of risk that you are exposed to when you are online and how likely you are to lose your valuable files, sensitive data, and even money by using the Internet in the way you currently do.

Are you cyber savvy?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Untitled.png
I've got this page after.

L

LabZero

Thread author
123 points out of 150, medium risk :D:rolleyes:

"Your score is 123 points out of 150
Only 11% of test participants demonstrated the same level of cyber savviness as you. Congratulations! Your risk level is at a medium. Don’t be alarmed this is a good result. Like many other users, you make some mistakes, but on the whole your online behavior is cautious and you take care to avoid falling for online fraudsters’ tricks. Unfortunately, certain gaps in your cyber-literacy may threaten your personal privacy or even your money. Be sure to improve your knowledge of online threats and use security solutions."

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I believe this test for those average users. By average I mean happy clickers. Just because a site has a slow or fast download option, does NOT mean it's fake or unsafe. Zippyshare has instant (direct) downloads but the ads can put adware on your computer as well as give you pop ups with adware downloads. I know to them I got that question wrong (I do download A LOT of files after all from a huge amount of sites). For average users, they don't know how to tell if something is fake just by looking. I do. And so do many here on MT. So I am only getting a 117 (with the same text that @Klipsh has gotten) because I'm smart enough to know what sites are legit sites and download rather than say "hey this looks suspicious because you can download slow or use a premium account to download faster - I SHOULDN'T use it EVER"...

Don't take the test if you know what your doing. The results are inaccurate due to the huge amount of variables in the cyber world and different users have different experience levels. I won't be a paranoid user just to get a perfect score. lol

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I believe this test for those average users. By average I mean happy clickers. Just because a site has a slow or fast download option, does NOT mean it's fake or unsafe. Zippyshare has instant (direct) downloads but the ads can put adware on your computer as well as give you pop ups with adware downloads. I know to them I got that question wrong (I do download A LOT of files after all from a huge amount of sites). For average users, they don't know how to tell if something is fake just by looking. I do. And so do many here on MT. So I am only getting a 117 (with the same text that @Klipsh has gotten) because I'm smart enough to know what sites are legit sites and download rather than say "hey this looks suspicious because you can download slow or use a premium account to download faster - I SHOULDN'T use it EVER"...

Don't take the test if you know what your doing. The results are inaccurate due to the huge amount of variables in the cyber world and different users have different experience levels. I won't be a paranoid user just to get a perfect score. lol
I think you could be correct on all of this. ;):D

L

LabZero

Thread author

100% agreed !

This, like other online tests, give an indication, perhaps, but nothing more, I took it as a fun thing but security preparation is not measured with a test, but with years of study and experience.

I

illumination

Thread author
Some of these questions are asked, with answers that do not necessarily offer the correct course, as not all options for that particular question have been offered.

Scored a 127 of 150, although im sure if i could answer the other questions with better answers, it would be much higher ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Realistically it's not convenient for the average, including power users to get a high score mark, unless their system was on complete lockdown and every site blacklisted. My score would be about average, if not less. If you Fake your answers to get a higher score:
Your score is 142 points out of 150. Only 0.05% of test participants demonstrated the same level of cyber savviness as you. Congratulations! Your risk level is low - this is great!

Name one person who fully reads all License Agreements before installing any software.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Not saying that some questions are clearly marketing ones. Some others cant be avoided...

"Do you run a scan? Do you use an AV?
How do you choose an AV?"

NO !!! I use an antiexec coupled to a virtualization soft , im safer than with your damn AV !!! :D

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
A savvy user wouldn't disclose their location in a quiz like this, I refused to do!:mad: I was automatically given Afghanistan :confused:, and I didn't change it.

Any how, I scored 114!:)

*Your score is 114 points out of 150. Only 11% of test participants demonstrated the same level of cyber savviness as you*

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
A savvy user wouldn't disclose their location in a quiz like this, I refused to do!:mad: I was automatically given Afghanistan :confused:, and I didn't change it.

Any how, I scored 114!:)

*Your score is 114 points out of 150. Only 11% of test participants demonstrated the same level of cyber savviness as you*

Problem with that is they probably recorded your IP address unless your using a VPN.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014

You're 100% right.

Problem with that is they probably recorded your IP address unless your using a VPN.
Probably, but I don't care since it is not my home ip I was using.

My score is 123.
But in some questions i would like to have some other choices to answer.
I also had that with some questions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.