Are you ready for ipv6?

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
With World ipv6 Day around the corner, and little to no ipv4 addresses left, ipv6 is more relevant then ever.

Test if you are ready for ipv6 here: http://test-ipv6.com/

For me it's a no go. No public ipv6 address for me.

Reactions: Ink

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
At the moment...I can't get ipv6 either.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Edit: Well I think I'm ready caused I installed ipv6 before in XP.. Well just tested mine is not ready for Ipv6.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What, specifically, still needs to happen for the industry to effectively transition to IPv6?

All major Internet industry players will need to take action to ensure a successful transition. For example:

• Internet service providers need to make IPv6 connectivity available to their users
  • Web companies need to offer their services over IPv6
  • Operating system makers may need to implement specific software updates
  • Backbone providers may need to establish IPv6 peering with each other
  • Hardware and home gateway manufacturers may need to update firmware
IPv6 FAQ

Nope. No one will be ready unless all of the above is done and some of that is out of your control. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your right just edited my post and no one is ready for Ipv6 i got nothing 0/10.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From the test it appears in my readiness score its have:

10/10 for your IPv4 stability and readiness, when publishers offer both IPv4 and IPv6
0/10 for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are forced to go IPv6 only

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
No point in worrying about something till it happens. Its beyond our control so why worry. Relax and enjoy life as we know it. We cannot predict the future nor can we change it.

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
Very philosophical Dieselman :)

My ISP actually offered ipv6 connectivity a few months back, but i guess they pulled it.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I only speak the truth. Cant spend your life worrying about what tomorrow might bring. You can only control the present.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes agree Dieselman let's wait what will be happen and we will know it when it comes. Actually I didn't bothered about the ipv6 as far now I enjoyed with the internet.

Parks

Level 1
Nov 14, 2016
I did have IPv6 untill i messed around and rolled back my ISP's router firmware lol.. Turns out was a fault in my line so rolling back the firmware was a waste of time. Im going from a 10mb connection to a 30-40mb connection in a week and also will have a new router so for IPv6 i will probs disable it on the system but keep it on the router as i have no use for it IPv4 does the job fine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.