Advice Request Are you using Excubits products?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using Excubits products?

• Excubits Bouncer

• Excubits MemProtect

• Excubits Pumpernickel

• Excubits MZWriteScanner

• No, I don't like the products

• I have never tried / used Excubits products

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65228

emsisoft block excubits site :confused:
According to VirusTotal they aren't flagging it, but then again the engines on VirusTotal won't necessarily be accurate to the engine in the consumer version of the product... I think you should send a screenshot of the detection to the Emsisoft guys and they should be able to solve it (if you have time/can), or just white-list the website because it is clean. :)

Glashouse

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
It happens from time to time that they get listed by AV software. This also happened to the installer because of installing driver stuff.....and perhaps they are not big enough so no one cares when they are complaining.

D

Deleted member 65228

It happens from time to time that they get listed by AV software. This also happened to the installer because of installing driver stuff.....and perhaps they are not big enough so no one cares when they are complaining.
I assume you're thinking about the Behavior Blocker because it'd make sense if that intervened about the driver installation. Excubits will have an Extended Validation certificate to sign their device drivers with anyway, and they would be applying this to their installer and other PE components too... So I don't see why vendors can't just add them to the white-list based on certificate.

Just add it to the exclusions and problem solved :)

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
According to VirusTotal they aren't flagging it, but then again the engines on VirusTotal won't necessarily be accurate to the engine in the consumer version of the product... I think you should send a screenshot of the detection to the Emsisoft guys and they should be able to solve it (if you have time/can), or just white-list the website because it is clean. :)
i get it now :)

Glashouse

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
In the past the bouncer installer got flagged several times... It was signed and everything was good but some days after a new version is out.... it get's flagged again.... but the current installers have not been flagged by Emsisoft.... :)

Reactions: SHvFl

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I think that their products are good in terms of functionality but that they are wasting their work by using a configuration file and no GUI. Maybe that will change one day though. So no, I don't use any... But I still like them.

I don't think so. Obviously Florian doesn't agree, and he reiterates, no GUI.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think that their products are good in terms of functionality but that they are wasting their work by using a configuration file and no GUI. Maybe that will change one day though. So no, I don't use any... But I still like them.
Agreed, a simple equasion, easier to use = More market exposure
He is severely limiting the products exposure (audience) with the "no gui" stance he loves so much.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Certainly I'm not a newbie at all yet I can't deal with their ini files syntax...
Ah, if you are willing to admit it, then +1 for me...

Average Joe will not use Excubits products - not even if it is free - no matter how good it is. We figured it out with our own product a long time ago. It takes a whole lot more than simply making a great product to get people to use it - not to mention actually making money with that product.

This guy has been giving away a superior product for free or making it available cheaply for many years - and only a very few security soft and geeks use it:

Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Average Joe will not use Excubits products - not even if it is free - no matter how good it is. We figured it out with our own product a long time ago. It takes a whole lot more than simply making a great product to get people to use it - not to mention actually making money with that product.

This guy has been giving away a superior product for free or making it available cheaply for many years - and only a very few security soft and geeks use it:

Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10

How true, how true.

How true, how true.

I know what the hell I am talking about. It annoys quite a few. Some people really don't like it. One member in particular resents it to no end - always has, always will - and makes an effort to discredit, harass and cause trouble for me every chance it gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.