TimeShift
System recovery
TimeShift

AriDfoix

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
Well, there is a reduced list of apps shipped with inside the XFCE, some other distros have a much bigger set of default apps, RAM usage on this laptop is below 400 MB on idle; the nice and bad thing is that we have a channel, "common with Arch" called AUR that cover pretty well other needs not present, drivers for printer, software...

Is what I wanted to do for this laptop, I was mainly using browser on it and pretty easy to find Chromium or Vivaldi...

Because has dual graphics, I needed to research a bit how to enable the NVIDIA; before trying this I tried two other distro on that laptop, but had some problems...

I will be honest with you, the problem of rolling release distros, is that sometime they break, Manjaro is not Arch Linux, had is questionable security issues in the past, but I want take sometime to learn more about this.

Also, lately opensource software make me change many things in how I configure Windows, that this thing is a benefit for my knowledge.

:p

On a side channel, I am testing two distros right now, this one and MX-Linux on another laptop I have, also MX has XFCE but is custom, and based on Debian...

What I mainly want do is have a Linux VM, more than one on my main Windows Desktop, and other Windows VM on Linux laptops.

Reactions: LDogg

AriDfoix

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
Given a different OS a new testing period, and I am finding myself really well with OpenSuse Leap; there is professional support coming from SuseEnterprise inside Leap, I am really enjoying :)

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.