Mar 14, 2019
Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
I use a restriction policy with syshardener, the only real-time protection is posed by HitmanProAlert with HitmanPro.
Firewall security
About custom security
I apply some mitigation profiles to Thunderbird and other software not catched automatically by HitmanProAlert.
Periodic malware scanners
I run FRST once in a month to check for changes, I use mainly HitmanPro with portableapps Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and TDSS Killer, all of them portableapps. I use also some other tools from NoVirusThanks to check things. And RogueKiller.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
I use Chromium, and I manual update it, main extension not so many; I use Google Keep and Office extension, Popupblocker strict and Tampermonkey, and httpseverywhere.
Maintenance tools
I use a very old version of CCleaner, don't worry, not the one with the malware :), with winapp2ool.exe with custom winapp2.ini
If I will be forced to move from CCleaner, I have a portable of BleachBit at hand.
File and Photo backup
I use Google Drive, or Dropbox or Mega; also different USB pen drives, autoruns is disabled.
System recovery
I use Macrium Reflect monthly to do full system image.
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Asus ROG-GL753VD

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
4/4 layers are covered:
  • Web browser: Adguard
  • Backup: Dropbox et al
  • Realtime & other: HitmanProAlert
  • Firewall: you have on but not specified

My advice:
  • Place state which Firewall Program or compliment you're using for you system and update
  • Add Emsisoft Browser Security to web browser
  • Your choice if you like to add Netcraft to counter Phishing pages

Nothing more to add, very like and very sufficient. Thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hi my friends, I use Windows10FirewallControl as third party;

Inside PiHole I have some lists for phising, like this one: https://openphish.com/feed.txt

I will consider your tips and test Emsisoft Browser Security,

thanks my friends.
Least you have Phishing covered and hope you like the Emsisoft extension, let me know how it goes!

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.