Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Strong configuration, you've got everything covered. I'm curious on how WD+VoodooShield performs? Thanks for sharing.
i am using this combo for about six months and from time to time i had some glitches like sometime voodoosheild caused a BSOD error or it interfered with window updates but it doesn't interfered with window defender or smartscreen or UAC so i must say it is a best Combo one can had bcz all problems came from voodoosheild side and they are also fixed by the developer.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Nicely setup!
Why not add some Firewall control like Binisoft to get more control of Windows FW and prevent unauthorized entries etc.
FileHippo App Manager and PatchMyPC together.. any reason?

Reactions: arslan ejaz

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Nicely setup!
Why not add some Firewall control like Binisoft to get more control of Windows FW and prevent unauthorized entries etc.
FileHippo App Manager and PatchMyPC together.. any reason?
Actually I have tried WFC in the past but i rarely feel the need to block certain soft coz i moslty use the well known soft all the time so it reduces the headache and for me default WF is fine to me as i don't usually make a lot of rules and the use of two app updaters is i have some softs like potplayer, startup delayer etc which are not available on Filehippo so i use PatchMYPC.

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Actually I have tried WFC in the past but i rarely feel the need to block certain soft coz i moslty use the well known soft all the time so it reduces the headache and for me default WF is fine to me as i don't usually make a lot of rules
That's totally understandable. Creating rules can be as much of headache as paranoid it sounds.
But a control can prevent cases where some rogue or normal apps try to add their own exception in WindowsFW without hinting. If that app is malicious, a Trojan or so, that's unfortunate..
There are also some FWs available that can be easily trained without those black and white rules-creation efforts, covering all processes.

Reactions: arslan ejaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.