artifice22's Security Configuration (2016)

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky AV
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes
Zenama Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox - Adguard
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Recuva
Speccy
S

Sr. Normal

Let me recommend a second browser. As I see you have Firefox, it would be good to have Google Chrome or another based on it (my favorites are SlimJet and Cent).
HTTPS Everywhere and LastPass extensions are very useful
Very good config. Thanks for sharing :)

artifice22

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Very good config :)

Why no backup?
OS Firewall: Other Firewall (3rd Party).. Kaspersky? because your real-time protection is Kaspersky AV
Oh sorry, I meant to keep the firewall as Enabled.

EDIT:
Firewall - Enabled.

Let me recommend a second browser. As I see you have Firefox, it would be good to have Google Chrome or another based on it (my favorites are SlimJet and Cent).
HTTPS Everywhere and LastPass extensions are very useful
Very good config. Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll certainly check those out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for sharing your config. Do not really see anything I could add to your config, since it has all basics covered. Yes you can go the extra mile and toss in an Anti executable solution, additional extensions etc, but unless you really need it and are comfortable with it, your current config is good as it is and light.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration at all, although as other mentioned, you must consider to have backup software where your security products will just fail in a matter of time you use. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.