As promised-ESET full review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
ESET is a fantastic paid product!!

If u run it up to date and u know how to tweak the HIPS...u are in business...

so my good product list:

avast,eset..these 2 so far have been doing pretty well...

P

Plexx

There are still issues with ESET which I have pointed out before:
If targeted to normal user, which at least in UK their marketing campaigns are getting bigger, they need to sort out the following:
Change HIPS default settings from Automatic to Learning mode.
Polish their HIPS approach since there are way too many pop ups for even launching chrome for the first time, unlike for example the competition (Comodo's D+, GFI Vipre etc).

ESET memory usage can go up to 100mb. It is stated on the requirements in their website.

Finally, it is not easy to configure for a beginner user (consider simplifying settings UI).

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would give kudos to Comodo and Vipre. They have really bought down HIPs popups in the their respective new versions. Vipre 4 was nightmare and from personal experience its HIPS although presened an alert that the action was blocked but GRC leaktest could easily inject code into IE and connect to the servers even when Vipre 4 was showing me a big popup showing code injection attempt blocked. Vipre 5 improved a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.