Battle Ashampoo WinOptimizer or Advanced System Care Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Which from these software's you more trust and why?

Once I trusted Advanced System Care Pro, but I noticed that it detect much (to much) errors in Windows Registry. Many of them was unsafe and I started to create system restore points.

Advanced System Care Pro never damaged me system, only one time it caused a small error- when I used Registry Cleaner (is unsafe).

But I more trust Ashampoo WinOptimizer. This software always shows the exact path of errors in Windows Registry. And you can always check out these errors.

Which from these software's you more trust and why?

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
i prefer ashampoo win optimizer.....it is pretty light on resources and it does great job than advanced system care.....

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
I would prefer WinOptimizer over ASC, in terms of functionality, usage and price.
WinOptimer covers more aspects than ASC, and doesn't need to download extra tools unlike ASC.
But you may want to take a look at Auslogics Boostspeed. I've been using it over a year and never had any problem with it.
Not to forget that it has file recovery function as well.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Roti once I used Auslogics Boost Speed Pro. But this software wasn't perfect, for example it called for a resignation of the Administrative Share. Once I changed it, I'm admin on my computer, and I had a problem with my computer (maybe something else was wrong, I don't know what).

Once I wanted check errors on hard drive, using Auslogics Boost Speed it asked me to uninstall the volume.

I uninstalled Auslogics Boost Speed Pro.

Once I wanted check errors in Windows Registry, using Auslogics Registry Cleaner it has detected more errors than Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, Ashampoo WinOptimizer and Ccleaner together. And I also uninstalled Auslogics Registry Cleaner.

Once I used Auslogics Boost Speed only to: cleaning errors in Windows Registry, deleting garbage files and optimizing my internet connection.

Now I use only software's which I trust, for example: Ashampoo WinOptimizer (I always check errors in Windows Registry, before I clean them), Ccleaner, Registry Life and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
I have licensed versions of all of mentioned programs. All 3 are good in their tier. For the time being i use ASC Pro. I suggest you to use one registry fix app, don't mix them. Most of registry fix programs don't like one another, so when you choose one stick to it.
As for Ashampoo ... i used it from version 6 trough version 8 and i never had any problems with it. ASC Pro i use for about 2 months and i am satisfied with it so far. And ASC Pro does shows you all registry errors (paths) and you may choose what to repair and what not to.
Still haven't tried Ashampoo 9.

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
jota13 said:
Roti once I used Auslogics Boost Speed Pro. But this software wasn't perfect, for example it called for a resignation of the Administrative Share. Once I changed it, I'm admin on my computer, and I had a problem with my computer (maybe something else was wrong, I don't know what).

Once I wanted check errors on hard drive, using Auslogics Boost Speed it asked me to uninstall the volume.

I uninstalled Auslogics Boost Speed Pro.

Once I wanted check errors in Windows Registry, using Auslogics Registry Cleaner it has detected more errors than Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, Ashampoo WinOptimizer and Ccleaner together. And I also uninstalled Auslogics Registry Cleaner.

Once I used Auslogics Boost Speed only to: cleaning errors in Windows Registry, deleting garbage files and optimizing my internet connection.

Now I use only software's which I trust, for example: Ashampoo WinOptimizer (I always check errors in Windows Registry, before I clean them), Ccleaner, Registry Life and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

Did System Advisor in Auslogics Boostspeed tell you to disable it? I've installed and used it on many computers and as far as I can remember, Auslogics Boostspeed had never mentioned anything about Administrative Share before. Can you elaborate on that?

You should not use more than one registry cleaner because they tend to do more harm than good. I would usually leave registry cleaning box unchecked before start scanning. I believe you can also check which invalid entries are going to be deleted in Auslogics Boostspeed. But I would highly recommend you to do a full registry backup in case something bad happens.

SophieWhatever

Dec 27, 2011
Ashampoo WinOptimizer all the way I don't like or trust Advanced System Care Pro
Ashampoo is light and I find the defrag works well. and I like the process manager.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Roti, you want proof? I enclose a screenshot of the program Auslogics Boost Speed Pro.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6190/20120307closeadministra.jpg

Below is a translation of what was written ...

Disable Administative Share. Share Administrative Service provides access from an administrator account for each drive (installed) on your system. Disable the Administrative Share. Hide advice.

I know on this forum should be written in English. Please don't delete this screenshot, I used Auslogics Boost Speed in polish version... Now I installed it, and uninstalled it.

Auslogics Boost Speed Pro really wants disable Administrative Share.

But I don't know if this has caused my problems ...

This is a more accurate screenshot of the tab tips in this program: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2734/20120307disableas.jpg

Roti

Feb 6, 2012
jota13 said:
Roti, you want proof? I enclose a screenshot of the program Auslogics Boost Speed Pro.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6190/20120307closeadministra.jpg

Below is a translation of what was written ...

Disable Administative Share. Share Administrative Service provides access from an administrator account for each drive (installed) on your system. Disable the Administrative Share. Hide advice.

I know on this forum should be written in English. Please don't delete this screenshot, I used Auslogics Boost Speed in polish version... Now I installed it, and uninstalled it.

Auslogics Boost Speed Pro really wants disable Administrative Share.

But I don't know if this has caused my problems ...

This is a more accurate screenshot of the tab tips in this program: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2734/20120307disableas.jpg

Have you contacted their support team? I wouldn't recommend you to disable it as well if you have multi accounts within home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.