Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
I've followed the instructions to remove Astromenda and they seem to have worked, however, when I re-scan with AdwCleaner the file shown in my notes keeps returning. How do I delete that?
Update--
I downloaded zoek.exe per what was recommended to another victim in a previous thread. Ran it and it seems to have addressed the reappearing file shown in my earlier log. The astromenda reference has disappeared.
Things seem to be operating normally.
Can you tell from the log if this has removed the malware and fixed the situation?
Yes, there are no signs of malware. You should not follow instructions from other topics. Instructions I wrote are always for particular machine, not for general usage. Be aware of this.
Recently browsing
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes