Account log-in
  • Account Password
  • Exposure to malware
    No malware samples are downloaded
    Real-time Malware protection
    Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
    NVT OSArmor 4 (Most items checked)
    RTP configuration
    All but a small number of the items in NVT OSArmor are checked. These are mostly where there is a slightly more aggressive version of a setting available. I don't mind going to the trouble of making exclusions for portables on flash drives, etc. All script engines are blocked with OSArmor. Part of the price of operating safely. BIOS is updated so PC is protected from Meltdown and Spectre. Considering hardening KSC security, but it seems strict in the first place.
    Periodic scanners
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit portable
    Browser and Add-ons
    Internet Explorer 11 with SmartScreen
    Google Chrome: HTTPS Everywhere, Netcraft Anti-pfishing, uBlock with 10 custom hosts links, uBlock Extra, Privacy Badger, The Great Suspender (suspend unused tabs)
    Privacy tools and VPN
    Wise Cleaner Free (run cleaner once a day), RegOrganizer, EraserDrop (secure delete all files), CCleaner (Wipe free space monthly), Startup Sentinel (Manage startups), Comodo Programs Manager (uninstall programs and leftovers), uBlock with enhanced privacy filters, and Privacy Badger
    Password manager
    KSC has a module, and I am warned to use a different password. For now it protects them in the browser, but I am not sure whether to go for a password program yet. This system seems good to me.
    Search engine
    Google
    Maintenance tools
    Wise Cleaner Free (run cleaner once a day), RegOrganizer, EraserDrop (secure delete all files), CCleaner (Wipe free space monthly), Startup Sentinel (Manage startups), Comodo Programs Manager (uninstall programs and leftovers). I use them to maintain privacy, so they are the same. Also, Autoruns, System Explorer, and TreeSizeFree
    Photos and Files backup
    File syncing via FreeFileSync to a flash drive on every boot when the flash drive is attached.
    File Backup schedule
    Automatically sync to the cloud
    Backup and Restore
    Paragon Backup and Restore 10 (2012). Rock solid for me acquired via giveaway, thanks Paragon...
    Backup schedule
    Once or more per week
    Computer Activity
  • Online banking
  • Browsing the web and checking emails
  • Regularly installing new software every week
  • Office and other work-related software (Work from Home)
  • Recording and editing video or photos
  • Learning computer languages or creating apps
  • Computer Specifications
    HP 8460p
    Intel i5-2500
    8 GB RAM
    Samsung 120 GB SSD
    Standard graphics