Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
is there anything i need to say

:eek::eek:
HTTP LOGIN HIJACK  SCREENSHOT_17-05-2015_16-57-17.jpg

So far i assumed that websites were using https for login.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I agree, here at MalwareTips we talk about implementing security and how companies should make sure that their customer's login info stays safe and yet the browsing and even log in this not HTTPS here. I understand that these certificates cost money but I think it's a very necessary part of protecting both the website and the users here.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
I realised the relative insecurity a long time ago, that's why my MalwareTips password is completely different from the passwords that I use at other sites. :) In any case, it is a good security practice to use different passwords for different sites so that when one is compromised, your bank accounts etc. will not be affected.

But yes, it would be nice to see SSL enabled for MalwareTips.

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I can see the correlation between this being a Security website and HTTPS however as it has been said their are no transactions taking place with sensitive data and no personal information is allowed to be posted within the forums.
I agree that it should be implemented but I am not overly concerned about it either.If it was my Bank or Paypal then I would be very concerned

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I can see the correlation between this being a Security website and HTTPS however as it has been said their are no transactions taking place with sensitive data and no personal information is allowed to be posted within the forums.
I agree that it should be implemented but I am not overly concerned about it either.If it was my Bank or Paypal then I would be very concerned

I'm pretty much on board with what you said. For now, encrypted communications only really need to be on login. Full encryption on shopping/banking sites, etc. If you put your personal information out on a forum (or any other public site), you don't care that it's seen in the first place.

Reactions: Venustus

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
I'm glad to hear it's at least a possibility. I certainly see the argument against it, since if someone is posting really personal information on a forum, they are kind of asking for it. But, the more secure the website is, the less likely for shenanigans. And, really, if it makes current and new members feel safer and more trusting of the site, it's worth it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I should agree about its specific purpose of HTTPS but its range doesn't only for bank / shopping transactions; a way standard for encryption and security. Some blogs I saw are already under this development.

Its a costly for these but if anyone who are kind hearted may implemented donation function (not sure if existed before)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
MalwareTips will be on HTTPS in the very near future, we have this plan since 2015 has started however to migrate to a secure connection we need to do some tweaks to the server to keep performance high. So, it's to be expected to see MalwareTips on https in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.