Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @MisterToto
  1. Can you please tell what is the exact model name of your laptop?
  2. Do you have any recovery partition or CD/DVD for drivers?
  3. Version of installed Windows?
Thanks in advance. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Upvote 0

MisterToto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I have an Aorus x7 pro with Windows 8.1 I can make a recover if necessary but would like to avoid this solution I don't understand why my audio just gone

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
Upvote 0

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I have an Aorus x7 pro with Windows 8.1 I can make a recover if necessary but would like to avoid this solution I don't understand why my audio just gone

@MisterToto Thanks for the information. :)

Probably Windows found newer version of audio driver and then installed it automatically. It is also problem for some Windows 10 users.

Regards,
Kardo

Upvote 0

MisterToto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I have the v3 version I don't know if it's the same driver.
I can see that my command and control application doesn't want to launch....

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes reinstallation is work fine at just simple cases, so try as mentioned and just should work fine though.

Try to revert using System Restore which you think the audio is still working on that time.

Reactions: MisterToto
Upvote 0
L

LabZero

In the Windows Services, check that the Windows Audio Service is started automatically. If it is disabled, right click and run it.
OG1EZ1X.png

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

I found a Troubleshoot Guide for (my) Toshiba laptop but it should be generally applicable.
Some recommendations have already been suggested by other members.:)

No Sound

-Make sure you have latest bios version installed.
-Try to adjust your volume with the volume control on your case (if available) and in the "Volume Control" of Windows. ---Some notebooks have a key combination (FN-xx) instead of an external volume regulator to regulate the sound volume. In this case please check the user manual which key combination is needed for volume regulation.
-Make sure that sound was not accidentally muted or the soundcard was not disabled in the "Device manager" of the "System Properties". Try to re-enable/un-mute it by software or with the key combination "Fn-xx" if possible.
-Check in the sound properties, if the correct output device (e.g. speakers, headphones, digital/optical out, HDMI) was selected. In some cases you have to set the correct output device manually.
-Try to remove the soundcard from the "Device Manager" and reinstall it. Update the soundcard drivers and the software to the latest version. (Uninstall every sound related software and drivers before installing a newer version!).
-Try to connect some headphones to the headphone jack of the machine to check whether the system speakers are faulty or not.
-If the problem persists, reinstall your operating system, update all drivers and try to regain sound with "factory-preinstalled" settings.

*Check the FN key combination for your laptop.

Sound Troubleshooting

Reactions: MisterToto
Upvote 0

MisterToto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
It's strange the way Norton Power eraser detects the update application of aorus like a threat...seems linked to the audio

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Norton Power Eraser is extremely thorough and sometimes detect a few false positives.
On my system detected a Intel file as threat.
You must avoid that removes these files.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

MisterToto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Good advice it is a powerful tool.
Powerful tool but has false positives because my application is totally safe it's a Gigabyte application
I uninstalled the audio driver but it appears that an error occured during it "explorer.exe" however,the driver get out and I reinstall it just to see...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.