"AV-Comparatives: Perfomance Test" (November 2016)

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
1.jpg

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Their test are more pointless each time they release one. How old are the malware that all the products got above 95%. Don't see a benefit from this kind of test. The extra 5% will save me? lol

EDIT: Linked graph was wrong so i replied for another test. How cool of me. LOL
The correct test is still bad though showing all products having a similar performance.The way they measure load for all this parameters makes the test worse because a lot of those are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Their test are more pointless each time they release one. How old are the malware that all the products got above 95%. Don't see a benefit from this kind of test. The extra 5% will save me? lol
I can't fathom Bitdefender being lighter than Kaspersky,at least on my machine!!:rolleyes:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
You should always test an anti-virus in your system to see how it behaves. In my notebook Bitdefender slows down boot and file operation in a very noticeable way while I don't even notice Kaspersky is installed unless it blocks something. It doesn't mean in your computer they would work like this...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Components/ features may affect the performance of an AV but that would not reflect in such dramatic result.

Avira, ESET, Norton, and few others are definitely light on majority of systems.

Actually I find Windows Defender light ;) and issue free for any programs installed on the system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.