Av-Comparatives: Real World Protection(Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
McLovin said:
whizkidraj said:
Really bored to see the same antivirus vendors compete so many times without not even 1 getting knocked out.

Just because your jelly that Trend Micro is up the top :p
hehe lolz sir. I just want to see more antivirus vendors compete as that would increase the competition more and make us more aware of other antivirus standards.
And yes Umbra sir Business is business true :) but really boring if no changes in it after a certain period of time.

That is why I don't follow AV-Comparatives much nowadays as I'm learning more from here i.e on MalwareTips about new new security products and how to make our own combination rather than trusting a single Security suite :) \m/

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
These are not December results. Quote from IBK at Wilders Security Forums:
hm, too soon. Anyway, for clarification till fixed: the July and December WPDT results in the graph show the results of the 4-months (March to June / August to November), and NOT for the month of December.

P

Plexx

White Nobster said:
There is no Norton but there is PC Tools and Tencent-QQ, maybe I live in a cocoon,but I have never even heard of it.Personally I could probably not get past the name to even try it If I knew what it was.Having recently completed the Av comparatives survey I can see how they get some of these on the list,that is if they even look at the surveys.

Tencent-QQ is Chinese and belong to the Tencent company that ran former Open ICQ which has been known for many years QQ (its a messenger).

Qihoo 360 is the other Chinese vendor and both 360 and Tencent had some issues back in 2010.

Those are the 2 main competitors in China.

I believe Qihoo still has Safe Guard, which is a cloud anti-malware tool.

On a side note, back in 2011, Tencent did a deal with Trend and was using its malware technology (Trend's Smart Protection Cloud Network) on its AV solution.

Unfortunately, since both vendors have Chinese only clients, I only briefly laid my hands on them and did not bother much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.