AV comparatives results october 2013

S

starchild76

Thread author
hello yall.

the results for AV compartives.org for october 2013 are in. there are a few surprises to be seen in this chart :)

here is the link :

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2013&month=10&sort=1&zoom=3

enjoy :)

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Can't believe this ,does panda improved that much within a short time period??? Or paid them well???Guys please do a review of panda and check it out...

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Avira seem to be improving. What's happened to BD? Kaspersky seem to be the most consistent over the years.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Believe it or not, But this test doesn't suprise me.... (in some ways)
I've noticed that BD has been slipping with detection rates within the last couple of months and just recently tested it a few days ago myself, and it hasn't been doing great (Not including the tech problems)
You can slightly see that while looking at Emsisoft and Bullguard for example which is using the BD engine and comparing to the previous tests, They fell in this test too.
Take it with a grain of salt... but just pointing out something that makes sense in this test.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
souhrid said:
Can't believe this ,does panda improved that much within a short time period??? Or paid them well???Guys please do a review of panda and check it out...

why does it surprise you? its just for ONE period. so what if 1 av does very well for just one month? not even people that rely on these tests are gonna decide what they wanna use based on just 1 month test results!

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
not even people that rely on these tests are gonna decide what they wanna use based on just 1 month test results!
Wanna bet? :D Some people are fickle like that.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kingsoft has been discontinued right?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
woow panda up there with the big boys but be warned about tests like this dont take the results to heart .

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
I use F-Secure! it uses BD engine but preforms better than BD!

Panda And Avira are just short guest at the top soon they will be back to their original position!

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
rupeshjoshi62 said:
I use F-Secure! it uses BD engine but preforms better than BD!

Panda And Avira are just short guest at the top soon they will be back to their original position!
I don't know where you got this information from but Avira has been topping the charts on solely detection rates for years!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.