AV-Comparatives Single Product Test - Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.1.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Good detection rate, but it comes at the cost of "very many" false-positives.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Thats not the only cost. The price tag it self is very high and its memory usage is very high. High false positives,high memory usage and a high price tag. Three strikes and your out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yep they must improved from their resource usage even the FP which reach a hundreds.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Still expensive. One pc is $40. 3 pc's $96. That almost twice the cost of NIS and it does not even have a firewall.

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/order/antimalware/

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The prices on top are for OA Premium + Antimalware. It seems to be a difference between prices in US and prices in EU. Or that 50% off is only for some countries...
[attachment=140]

Attachments

• Image 019.png
    Image 019.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 698

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since its have a 50% discount from Emsisoft I tried to convert it and guess its really expensive .

45.00 EUR = 239.749 SAR (Saudi Riyal)
and
$60.00= 225.005 SAR

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
45 € is the price for 5 PCs. Anyway, even with 50% off I still think I have better alternatives (even for free) so this is not important.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Exactly..............If you actually price it out its more expensive then NIS and KIS. And those are suites. So even thought it has a great detection rate its honestly not worth it.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It looks like a great product on paper, but in the real world not so much. Better choices out there.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I just expected before that it may be higher like 99% but seems other products may perform better.

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested. Not many suites past the mrg tests and pass everytime now do they, with both kaspersky and norton failing:p Talked to live support and bought them both for under 120 bucks for 3 years which is great:p Norton retailing at around the 100 mark for just a year do the maths lol

D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested.

bad line, means you got infected... ;) hahaha ! Comodo AV find nothing because Defense+ block all of them before they put a foot on my system.

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
darkelixa said:
Love my emsisoft antimalware and online armour combo:p Emsisoft finds more malware on my pc than any other suite I have tested.

bad line, means you got infected... ;) hahaha ! Comodo AV find nothing because Defense+ block all of them before they put a foot on my system.

Yeah infected before Emsisoft was installed..

D

Deleted member 178

i was teasing you ^^ with what softwares did you get infected? dont tell me it was CIS :p

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i was teasing you ^^ with what softwares did you get infected? dont tell me it was CIS :p

Originally was using norton 360 that turned my pc into garbage, then pc tools oh boy that was bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.