Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
0915_dep_aslr_consumer_balken_en_01.png

0915_dep_aslr_business_balken_en.png

csm_0915_dep_alsr_consumer_Tab_en_8bc9a48622.png

Full Article

L

LabZero

Comparison with the previous test (November 2014).

ESET always 100%
Avast is just a little worse and Kaspersky is improved.

DEP_ASLR_Consumer_en.png

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
you can always spot a BS comparison when you see symantec on top specially when it comes to self-protection. this one just made me realize that AV-TEST is a useless website so i guess the info wasnt useless in the end?

by show of hands, how many of you guys have witnessed norton getting disabled by malware?

ROFL what a joke this test is.

EDIT: forgot they also mention Avira being 100% as well, i might just pass out by the smell of BS...

kowalski215

Level 2
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
you can always spot a BS comparison when you see symantec on top specially when it comes to self-protection. this one just made me realize that AV-TEST is a useless website so i guess the info wasnt useless in the end?

by show of hands, how many of you guys have witnessed norton getting disabled by malware?

ROFL what a joke this test is.

EDIT: forgot they also mention Avira being 100% as well, i might just pass out by the smell of BS...
Totally agree with you. As far as I'm concerned, AV-Comparatives usually gives the "Advanced+" awards to weird Antivirus Software. I'm not stating that Avira or Symantec are not good, but everybody here should agree that Kaspersky, ESET or Emsisoft are much better.
And it's quite interesting that they sometimes get low marks. According to AV, ESET is usually low in performance, even worse than Bitdfender. Sounds pretty strange, doesn't it?
Do not trust any kind of site like those.
Virus Bulletin SEEMS the only one reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I shared this with Bitdefender, I doubt they even dignify AV with a reply, but we shall see. Almost looks like comedic relief.

Reactions: kowalski215

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I hope any one who think Norton has a poor self-protection could publish your own test data and/or video review. Thanks.:)

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Self protection test like from AV-Test.org are same on the detection capabilities where BB and HIPS are not included, better to show more comprehensive alongside of samples that mostly it can bypass and terminate.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
L

LabZero

Regardless of reliability or not about this and other tests, according to some AV vendors, these poor results are justified saying that there are incompatibility of DEP and ASLR with some used libraries and with proprietary security technologies.

Honestly I find this statement hard to believe, because DEP and ASLR are consolidated technologies present in the operating system for many years and especially they aren't employed by choice or necessity in favor of proprietary solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.