d3lir6n2ae.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just another "test".

Even if it's baseline, it's not a terrible Antivirus. Look, above 70% for zero-day and above 80% in the last 4 weeks for Jan/Feb, it has the average in performance figures and a minimal FP-rate. Now how is MSE a crap AV?

upload_2014-3-24_13-39-2.png

Y

yigido

I think there is a mistake here. AVG IS better than AVG Free about Protection against 0-day malware on February ??

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I think there is a mistake here. AVG IS better than AVG Free about Protection against 0-day malware on February ??
AVG IS 98%
AVG Free 96 %

or is failure in their test machines (not updated antivirus in right time...)
or paid version really has something to offer what free version doesn't have

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and yigido
Y

yigido

AVG IS 98%
AVG Free 96 %

or is failure in their test machines (not updated antivirus in right time...)
or paid version really has something to offer what free version don't have
I know mate, as I said I think the list has some mistakes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AV-Test.org Test Procedures for Protection: http://www.av-test.org/en/test-procedures/test-modules/protection/
It is also important in this test that all products are simultaneously analysed in terms of the same test cases in order to ensure that all products have been identically updated. Furthermore, the products can also be updated at any time. This is important in order to also be able to sensibly and fairly integrate products with in-the-cloud queries into the test environment.
Or.. because
AVG Internet Security has the additional Firewall settings, "depending on behaviour and their membership in the internal databased of trusted applications".

AVG Firewall Settings.
4cqsoBs.jpg

AVG Firewall in Interactive mode.
L4Iu9na.jpg

Sep 17, 2012
I want to see ESET in no one Rank for both Home and corporate.
Eset is really provide a good protection i am using it from version 4 and its good my system is running fine without slow down PC performance.

Reactions: Koroke San

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
AV-Test.org Test Procedures for Protection: http://www.av-test.org/en/test-procedures/test-modules/protection/

Or.. because
AVG Internet Security has the additional Firewall settings, "depending on behaviour and their membership in the internal databased of trusted applications".

AVG Firewall Settings.
4cqsoBs.jpg

AVG Firewall in Interactive mode.
L4Iu9na.jpg
I think, but I'm not sure tho :) , that they test only AV component of the products, and maybe only signatures...

Reactions: yigido and Venustus

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Qihoo: 360 Internet Security better than Bitdefender and ESET?
OMG AV-Test are really running their business well! :D

Reactions: yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.