AV-Test September & October 2011

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Home and Corporate

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/test-reports/sepoct-2011/

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
wow. impressed result ,with bullguard has good result for protection.
and also, AVG : top 10 with good protection.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I just look at the protection and eventually the repair score. Usability is meaningless for me.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Yes that's why I just saying about "protection"

what's your opinion about this result, umbra?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
EAM is topnotch :D

i see some of the high scores are dual engines. Avast continue to fall...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Since 2010 version, NIS always sit at the top 5 in most tests. Not a surprise for us anymore. We can also see that Pc mag test are "different"specially fir webroot :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ARZMb.png

F-Secure IS 2011/2012 and Bullguard IS 2012 are the clear winners for this round......
Also to be noted is that ESS managed only to get 4/6 in the Protection test , mainly failing in the 0 day malware protection field....so they really need to improve the HIPS because that's the only component that can bring them to the top....

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's interesting F-Secure is up the top. Never really used F-Secure before. Will have to some test to see how it goes for me. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Qihoo 360 since they partnership for Avira a double detection rates there however in usability isn't good since it covers the FP Blocking.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.