Av-test Windows 10: October 2018 Home User

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
When does WD copying files slower? Yesterday i copied about 350GB of sitcoms from ext. drive to local drive and speed was between 100 and 150 mb/s. I never had any issues with copying/downloading

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@uduoix Try copying a folder with a lot of installers and you'll probably notice a big difference in speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

I don't trust their result and I think it's fake
why? look at WD's Slower copying of files (locally and in a network). It's 1-3%. We all know it's far far worse than that
"I don't agree with the results, so therefore they are fake."

Are you the Malwarebytes user?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
"I don't agree with the results, so therefore they are fake."

Are you the Malwarebytes user?
no, MB is bad but I really don't agree with some of their performance scores
AV-comparatives sometimes do reflect more correctly my experience about performace with AVs but a few of them are not, too

about MB, in general MB is kind of useless but to be honest, their webfilter is incredibly effective, no joke. Plus, MB seems to be one of the first vendors to have signatures for new ransomwares. MB detected them but VT reported MB didn't detect. Other than that, very poor

Last edited:

no, MB is bad but I really don't agree with some of their performance scores
AV-comparatives sometimes do reflect more correctly my experience about performace with AVs but a few of them are not, too

about MB, in general MB is kind of useless but to be honest, their webfilter is incredibly effective, no joke. Plus, MB seems to be one of the first vendors to have signatures for new ransomwares. MB detected them but VT reported MB didn't detect. Other than that, very poor
But to say that AV-Test results are fake because "your experience" is different is ridiculous. You could probably email AV-Test and ask them for the methodology for testing the performance on Windows Defender.

But to say that AV-Test results are fake because "your experience" is different is ridiculous. You could probably email AV-Test and ask them for the methodology for testing the performance on Windows Defender.

The only ones being scammed are the publishers that agree to participate in the testing. I get it. The test results are a marketing tool targeting fools because the typical user is only interested in All Green Bars & 5 Stars or Top Choice or Editor's Choice or Product of the Year or whatever the next marketing gimmick is. For the amount of money that the labs charge, I suspect it is a bad deal for at least some.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
okay I may take back the word fake but seriously AV-test's tests are only ones that are almost completely opposite to my experience in many products
sometimes I believe they just make up the numbers

MRG and AVC at least have some detail reports and I agree with most of the results, except a few
but for AV-test, there are many problems both protection-wise and performace-wise
you know, I don't care about emailing them because I don't believe I would get an honest answer
performing a personal test/expierence on multiple machines with different hardwares and setups is the best way of evaluating a product
my experience is quite consistent in various machines I can touch

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.