XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I already predicted that CyberCapture would not be functional or fully functional when released, basing my observation on Avast's move in the past regarding their hyped-up, yet non-functional technologies like Evo-Gen, NG/Secure VM, etc (to be fair, though, Evo-Gen is functional now). I was right, after all. :D

Why would they do that? Couldn't they just make it officially announced when it is ready, and not when it is not? :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Agreed XhenEd, it appears rushing it out for fanfare trumps releasing a quality finished product that would shine brightly.
I am not picking on Avast either, there are plenty of other vendors who do this as well. My amazement lies in the fact that
none of them seem to learn from the issues repeatedly born of behavior like this.
Kudo's to Avast though, this is "looking" promising.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
At the end of day, those secondary components will not be counted for any independent organization test since they want valid traditional detections.

However in reality, Avast is already on different ranking (already above) in terms of mixture combination; still a lot of room for improvements.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Agreed XhenEd, it appears rushing it out for fanfare trumps releasing a quality finished product that would shine brightly.
I am not picking on Avast either, there are plenty of other vendors who do this as well. My amazement lies in the fact that
none of them seem to learn from the issues repeatedly born of behavior like this.
Kudo's to Avast though, this is "looking" promising.
Perhaps,intentionally, they do it simply to get data from users to perfect the technology. Why wait for Beta Testers when you have a free product that millions can download?
It gives us a little insight why products such as Eset or Emsisoft and some other paid products, leave their new versions in Beta for months. They don't have free versions. While Avast, Avira and Avg can release a new technology quickly and feed on the data provided by millions of free users. It could be an explanation.

Reactions: Svoll and XhenEd

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
So CyberCapture is new and extra layer of security in new version, maybe not 100% yet, but you still get everything you got in previous version. Now we have baseline security + Cybecapture so security should be the same or better than before and when they perfect it we will have new baseline.

Reactions: Svoll and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.