Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
New Avast Antivirus March version is here (17.3.2290). This version doesn't introduce any new features, rather fixes some of the most critical issues that appeared on the previous version.

What's fixed:
  • Firewall: Fixed internet connectivity not working after update (until restart) on Win XP, Vista and 7 - should now always work immediately
  • Wifi Inspector: Fixed incorrectly displayed vulnerabilities - vulnerability info is now correct
  • Web Shield: Fixed SSL scanning issue on some sites - sites now load correctly
  • Issues with login to roaming profile after update
  • Passwords: Fixed issues with self-authorization and import from Easy Pass
  • Issue with installation on Braswell CPUs
  • Network problems after update on Vista
  • Issue with playing HTML5 videos in SafeZone browser
  • Improved compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update
  • Issue with disabling components, which require restart
  • Problems with never-ending Cleanup optimization

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
not a lot dude 2 month ago i found about 5 isuue, and post it in froum
after 2 month i can see those isuues still exist
right now i just unistalled avast
i will back to avast when they fixed that bugs
idk how they cant fix that bugs in 1 week, how much time they need
sorry for my bad eng

Please name the 5 issues which haven't been fixed yet?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
hi dude
idc about test i care about what i can see
i see when i removed malware in my pc with avast, there is malware leftovers!!
Stubborn malware needs to be removed in separate stages, that's why under MRA, the expert helpers recommend multiple tools. And not just one software.

Of course, prevention is better than removal.

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
HI dude how are u ?
here you go:
>>notification bug<<----> i reported it about 40 days ago ( u said it will be fix but it didnt this isuue still exist >>notification bug<<)

Full virus scan finished after not moving off 0%

there is more and avast know but they really dont care :)

the question is how a big company like avast (with 400 million users)cant fix these bugs in 1 week?
how much time they need?
btw every day ppl find new bugs and isuues, i think avast just dont care its not hard for them to solve all bugs in 1 month! but i can see i reported a bug 40 days ago and that bug still exist ..!
added:
After a Smart Scan, something strange happened...
plz open and watch Be Secure viedo he posted here:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=199712.0-->this bug was known when Avast was in beta before the official release.
cheesy.gif
and they didnt fix it

Firewall always asks for same program

i think we can create a froum in mt,about avast bugs:p:p

u can just start a qucik scan and while avast scanning ur pc press details button ! avast cant show anything ,when u do it ,interface freeze and cant show u details

another isuue: when avast block a url u have to go and search in logs if u wana see what was that!there is no option in avast user intreface to see it!

avast need create a place for url blocked like virus chest for files in avast interface (sorry for my eng mistakes )

i told it 2 month ago but no oen care!(>> game mode& notifications in avast)

thats what a found from avast they dont care about imporvments, they dont care about bugs, they dont care about important isuues in new Avast user interface

lastnight i installed fs protection its beta same as avast but i cant find anyproblem any freeze

1. Notification bug - Maybe you don't know but it has been fixed. See image.

2. Regarding the full scan not moving past 0% and completing is wrong. There is an issue at the moment where the percentage of the full scan is stuck at 0%, this is when the rootkit scan is running. This issue will be fixed soon along with more details of the scan (last file scanned etc).

3. "After a Smart Scan, something strange happened..." This bug was fixed previously in the BETA but due to some changes has happened again. That's not to say it wasn't resolved once though. It will be solved again.

4. The UI enhancements are planned for future versions. That isn't a major issue and you really don't need the UI open.

5. Regarding the Firewall asking, that is correct. That is not a bug. The OP has set Avast Firewall to ask mode.

I have the FW set to ask for each new connection and normally it is fine but it likes to ask for PIA each time I start it. I believe the firewall judges the need to ask based on location or each new .exe and it seems rubyw.exe is created each time you start PIA.

Since the VPN connects to different servers at different locations, the IP address/host would be different. Therefore, PIA uses rubyw.exe to establish new connections with the new locations (servers). Each time, the VPN server connection is different. The Firewall is required to ask since that is the mode it is set to.

Regarding the stats, they were planned to come back earlier but have been delayed. I'd expect for them to be back within 3 months.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 505

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Oh! i see avast banned me from avast froum ( why tho? )nice logic :p cant log in anymore cuz i talk about avast bugs here?:)
idk why they cant accept the truth and banned me instance to fix bugs !greate community( ban ppl when ppl talk about AVAST BUGS)

that Notification bug didnt fix for me( thats why i uninstalled it )when i updated my avast(YESTERDAY)that isuue was there
idk maybe u reinstalled avast

about number 2(percentage of the full scan is stuck at 0%, this is when the rootkit scan is running. This issue will be fixed soon along with more details of the scan) nop.. this is not when rootkit scan running this is when u do a quick or full scan :) but u say soon? when ?the point is soon and that isuue still exist !sicne 40 days ago i have this isuue! cant wait anymore

about number 3(This bug was fixed previously in the BETA but due to some changes has happened again. That's not to say it wasn't resolved once though. It will be solved again.) will be solve again, when? thats the point

what about b secure video? scannig files in virus chest dont work! and dont show anything
also when u are running a full scan, if avast detectsmth during the scan, u cant see what is that detection( that details button dont work ) u need to wait and let avast finish scan so u can see details
also avast cant show u .urls blocked by avast in user interface ,user need to search in logs! like u are in win 98 not an modern antivurs!
thats enough for avast when they ban some one , cuz he talk about avast bugs in another froum !
i apologize for my eng mistakes

1. You have not been banned from the Avast forum. I suggest you confirm matters before accusing.

2. I never re-installed Avast but rather updated via Program update to the latest version. I've shown you that it is fixed.

3. When you run a full and/or quick scan, a rootkit scan is also RAN. The full/quick scan scans for rootkits. This will be fixed but this one may take longer due to multiple factors.

4. The issue of the smart scan running again when clicking details should be fixed next version.

5. I'm afraid you are wrong. Scanning files in the virus chest works as intended. See image.

also when u are running a full scan, if avast detectsmth during the scan, u cant see what is that detection( that details button dont work ) u need to wait and let avast finish scan so u can see details
I don't see that being a major issue but could you show a video of what you mean?

The stats are being worked on for a while and will be coming back soon.

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 486

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Ok, we are going off topic.

I'll post proof that you haven't but lets take this to PM.

If you were banned, it would say banned.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 498
Reactions: DJ Panda

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
If you have same bugs after update, remove Avast completely using Avast Uninstall Utility and restart computer. After that, install Avast again and see if everything is working. If you find any bugs again, you can contact Avast support using their support ticket system. You will get reply in a few hours or days, depends on priority of your request. You can post issues on Avast forum as well like you did before. However, Avast staff is not available 24/7 on their forum so they can't immediately answer your questions. IMO security and detection is far most important than some small UI bugs.

In your last post, you've posted your e-mail and password from Avast forum. I would strongly advise you to remove them from post (if post is locked and there is no edit button, report it to moderators) because your e-mail and password can be abused.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Crafty post-update notification.
upload_2017-3-29_22-29-25.png
Edit: The Upgrade button exists in case you wish to protect multi-device.

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
its not about 24/7
avast team never answer u if u find some bugs :)
only avast member will talk with u
also ticket system dont answer u for bugs they are not there to resolve ur bugs cuz they cant they only help u with simple things like installing avast or other isuues
also idc about my avast pass and user let others take it
It is partly correct.
Avast team members watching the forum all day and reply only when needed most.They fix the issue merit wise.
Avast users especially Avast Evangelist,Avast Überevangelist & Super Poster tag are most experienced users and they always help you and guide you and report issues when needed to avast team members.
Ticket system is on numberbase like 1st came 1st go.Due to large numbers of users they are late to reply.But they usually reply in 7days(Ticket).

Last edited:
Reactions: sunshineboy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Can anyone confirm if the Macrium Reflect bug is fixed, i.e., do scheduled backups run now?

Mr.Spock

Mar 31, 2017
you can contact Avast support using their support ticket system. You will get reply in a few hours or days, depends on priority of your request.
The ticket system is only for paid versions of avast.
avast stopped giving support for the free versions through the ticket system.
Only on the webboard people can still get help with the free versions.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
The ticket system is only for paid versions of avast.
avast stopped giving support for the free versions through the ticket system.
Only on the webboard people can still get help with the free versions.
Really? When? Last year I've contacted them via support ticket and I got reply in few days. They answered on my questions even though I selected Avast Free Antivirus as product I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.