Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

new beta version 18.4.2337 (build 18.4.3892) is released.

What`s new:
  • New desing of Wi-Fi Inspector
    • New map of devices
    • Easier to change device type
    • Different scans for public and private networks

What was fixed:
  • GDPR compliance: added new options in Privacy section in General Settings ( paid programs)
  • Setup: UI is now installed in second phase of setup. It should have positive impact on installation success and installation speed

Download links:
BETA testing - Overview & Download links

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Thank you.

Do you happen to know what these Privacy settings include?
Untitled.png

D

Deleted member 65228

My current thoughts are...

1. What data will be shared for each individual setting when enabled?
2. If you were to disable all of those settings, what data would still be shared with Avast (if any, aside from general things like IP address for updates)?

The Privacy Policy probably will not cover each individual setting, but outline all the data in total that can be collected when all of the settings are enabled. I should probably check, assumption is a weakness.

But I doubt I'll be able to get a proper response to either without contacting Avast on the forum.

Reactions: upnorth and ZeroDay

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
My current thoughts are...

1. What data will be shared for each individual setting when enabled?
2. If you were to disable all of those settings, what data would still be shared with Avast (if any, aside from general things like IP address for updates)?

The Privacy Policy probably will not cover each individual setting, but outline all the data in total that can be collected when all of the settings are enabled. I should probably check, assumption is a weakness.

But I doubt I'll be able to get a proper response to either without contacting Avast on the forum.
  • Participate in the Avast community: tick to contribute to generic security-related information, such as malware attacks detected on your PC, which helps us immediately identify and react to the latest security threats. Your participation does not compromise any of your personal information.
  • Participate in data sharing: tick to contribute to unidentifiable statistical data that may be shared with third parties but always anonymously.
Avast CommunityIQ: Avast CommunityIQ is a community-based service that provides Avast security experts with data taken from the actual web browsing experiences of Avast product users. Participation is voluntary. Data acquired by Avast CommunityIQ is used to update our databases of viruses and infected websites, and for other statistical purposes, and may include:
  • URLs of visited websites, together with the information on the nature of identified threats (e.g., viruses, Trojans, tracking cookies, and any other forms of malware) and URLs of several sites visited before the infection was identified. This information is collected to ascertain the source of the infection.
  • Information and files (including executable files) on your computer identified by the Avast software as potentially infected, together with the information about the nature of identified threats.
  • Information about the sender (not including personal information) and subject of emails identified by the Avast software as potentially infected, together with the information on the nature of identified threats.
  • Additional statistical information about threats detected by the Avast software.
That's all the information I could find. They're pretty vague on everything besides the Avast Community setting.

Edit: There's also this which may give some insight:
https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/avc_datasending_2014_en.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.