Avast! 2016 11.1.2241 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
One guy (on croatian forum) ad picture where Avast quarantine legit Steam.exe (FP?)

View attachment 75876
Definitely an FP. He can use the link in the image to send it to the labs. I havent got that FP yet luckily.

Right now theres no virus lab option in the new ticket system of Avast :/

But i have to say that theres also malware infecting Steam.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am getting error installing 2016 version on Win 10 64

Did you download the online installer or full setup, and from where (ie. links posted here), or avast.com?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So you didn't get chrome, google toolbar install options during upgrade process?
If you have chrome, google toolbar already installed then guess you dont get the install options.
  • Fresh installation of Windows 8.1 64-bit (no previous avast or upgrade).
  • Downloaded from avast.com (online installer).
  • Offered Google Chrome and Google Toolbar for IE (opt-out).
  • Offered Avast Mobile Security (post install) - Can be denied.
  • No start-up wizard.
  • Hardened Mode and PUP disabled by default.
upload_2015-11-3_17-17-29.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Did you download the online installer or full setup, and from where (ie. links posted here), or avast.com?
I downloaded full installer from Avast forum.

On first try it gives error & second try no error.
I tried system restarting & shutdown & the same i.e on first try it gives error & second try no error.
If I will continue with the second try.. it will be a normal or corrupted install?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I installed Avast on machine with Shadow Defender turn on.
When I did a scan with Avast it say that I have bad Add-on.
I looked at the statistics what it is and saw that it writes Shadow Defender???

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg

D

Deleted member 2913

I dont like the new GUI.. infact its just a new face i.e main GUI.. other stuffs are the same old.. and the main GUI is average.. just a window with some texts & couple stuffs & full of white spaces.
And seems ads, GUI ads, chrome/toolbar install, etc... still there.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I looked at the statistics what it is and saw that it writes Shadow Defender???
Take a look at what's written, Shadow Defender is preventing Browser Cleanup from successfully doing it's job.

@Umbra may be able to make sense of this otherwise, but I am sure it's because Shadow Defender is acting as a "protector to your browsers".

Reactions: Kent and Av Gurus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Downloaded from Avast.com (redirect to CNET Download), can anyone else confirm no Google Chrome or Google Toobar bundled?

upload_2015-11-4_14-29-2.png

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

I had downloaded from Avast forum. When I installed got Google Toolbar install option. I have Chrome already installed so thats why may be Chrome install option was not there.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First time in a very long time I have used Avast.Installed Avast Internet Security 2016 and really liking it!!
Install went great,some very nice features and very little system impact.I think I might keep it for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.