App Review Avast! 7 BETA 7.0.1443 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
malbky said:
I would preffer languys tests.

Really! the links he uses for testing dont even contain malware and all his links lead to legit or non malicious applications...i dont trust him anymore...and it looks like he does only like the antivirus that has COMODO in the name. ;)

Only his 0-day test parts, are good.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
malwarekiller said:
Really! the links he uses for testing dont even contain malware and all his links lead to legit or non malicious applications...

He just grabs links from the Malware Domain List. You're saying people are adding legitimate or safe applications to this site? :s

malwarekiller said:
i dont trust him anymore...

That's your prerogative. Personally, I don't trust any test that I didn't do myself. ;)

malwarekiller said:
and it looks like he does only like the antivirus that has COMODO in the name. ;)

Not true. People assume that he's a Comodo fanboy because he moderates the Comodo forums, but he just runs what he feels keeps his computer safe. (As we all do...) For quite some time, he was running Kaspersky on his machine. (Yes, even as a moderator at Comodo...)

Currently he's running Norton DNS and the AVG link scanner along with CIS.

P

Plexx

Agreeing with HeffeD here. The fact that most people think he is a Comodo Fanboy is also because he does say he has CIS installed in his system and that he does recommend it to some friends or famiy member (in one of his vids). He was also running Kingsoft after doing his Kingsoft review if memory serves me right.

Some users might even just run Kaspersky because they have a license or because of a deal from somewhere. Does that make them a fanboy?

Or does it make me an ESET fanboy because I have been using since 2.7 but then skipped some versions? no it doesn't. In the end of the day, each user will run what he/she believes it suits their needs and the system impact.

A true fanboy will say that a program doesnt take any resource usage when its a resource hog and will not accept anyone else's opinion when a product is good or better than the one he/she believes...

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Biozfear said:
He was also running Kingsoft after doing his Kingsoft review if memory serves me right.

Yes, he likes Kingsoft. He was also running Panda fairly recently. He is also very impressed with ByteHero, which does really well considering it's purely heuristics.

I personally don't feel he is biased from the reviews I've watched of his, but then again, I've also been accused of being biased. :p

P

Plexx

People will always accuse people of being A or B or C. Its the Human nature.

I haven't tried Kingsoft. I was however impressed with Panda.

Mind if I ask you what real time you use? Curious :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I thought most of his malware packs were Adware?

AV's aren't that good at detecting that junk.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Biozfear said:
Mind if I ask you what real time you use? Curious :)

Sandboxie for internet facing apps, and CIS. (Without SecureDNS) Anything I'm unsure of, I run in a VM.

I use Hitman Pro and MBAM for on-demand scans.

P

Plexx

Earth said:
I thought most of his malware packs were Adware?

AV's aren't that good at detecting that junk.

I think it is more of a mix to be honest. Links however I do remember he said in one of his reviews that mdl was not his source. I think it was when he was testing CIS or something like that.

@HeffeD
Cool, plain and simple protection. don't think you would need much more. I take it you tweaked minimally CIS?

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
I dont agree...his links dont come from MDL and i guess they come from Malc0de and i have seen the links on MDL on the same day his review his made and non come from there,they all come from Malc0de and mostly are picked from 1st page of malc0de which almost doesnt contain any malware...dont know if he is picking up a lot of useless adware junk...yet i dont trust him and his reviews...

Yes i have proof...he is a comodo fanboy...try talking anything bad about comodo constantly on his channel and u will get banned of his channel and i even saw a guys who posted something good about using avast instead of CIS and he replied "And Your system will get infected" so this is what is call a good tester?? ;) or i am missing something :p

I trust others but not languy99's fake reviews...U can see other testers picking links in real time but languy never does that notice he only recorded himself picking links in real time only in his my security 3 test:D...

Also,Notice that all the people commenting on his vids always praise comodo in same way languy tries to do with his fake Tests and they all put down other AV's u talk something positive about avast or avira on his channel and i garuntee u will be insulted by languy and other people commenting on his channel...i have myself....this can be solid evidence proving languy as a complete cheat..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Some good advice is to not watch his videos, if you don't agree to his methods of testing.

Stay on topic.

P

Plexx

malwarekiller said:
I dont agree...his links dont come from MDL and i guess they come from Malc0de and i have seen the links on MDL on the same day his review his made and non come from there,they all come from Malc0de and mostly are picked from 1st page of malc0de which almost doesnt contain any malware...dont know if he is picking up a lot of useless adware junk...yet i dont trust him and his reviews...

Yes i have proof...he is a comodo fanboy...try talking anything bad about comodo constantly on his channel and u will get banned of his channel and i even saw a guys who posted something good about using avast instead of CIS and he replied "And Your system will get infected" so this is what is call a good tester?? ;) or i am missing something :p

I trust others but not languy99's fake reviews...U can see other testers picking links in real time but languy never does that notice he only recorded himself picking links in real time only in his my security 3 test:D...

Also,Notice that all the people commenting on his vids always praise comodo in same way languy tries to do with his fake Tests and they all put down other AV's u talk something positive about avast or avira on his channel and i garuntee u will be insulted by languy and other people commenting on his channel...i have myself....this can be solid evidence proving languy as a complete cheat!! :mad:

just because people put down AVs doesn't mean Languy99 does it. Languy99 reviews is based on the actual results he gets and if the results are good he will acknowledge.

Anyways, this is going to go off topic and into an endless loop of the topic if Languy99 is a comodo fanboy or not. So, thank you for the video and your opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.