Battle Avast 7 IS vs Kaspersky IS 2012 vs Bitdefender IS 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

I would have to choose kaspersky, From that line up I think the only 2 real contenders are bd and kis, I don't think Avast! is in the same legue as the other 2, that being said kis is known to be more stable than bd and has roughly the same detection rate, so it's kis for me.

.Sam.

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 9, 2011
Yeah I've tried KIS and Bitdefender IS and Avast IS, both BIS and AIS slowed my system and internet connection down, but as for KIS, they improved A LOT on system performance.

Now I'm using KIS and there's no lag at all :D

I

illumination

ZeroDay said:
I would have to choose kaspersky, From that line up I think the only 2 real contenders are bd and kis, I don't think Avast! is in the same legue as the other 2, that being said kis is known to be more stable than bd and has roughly the same detection rate, so it's kis for me.

Very well said, Avast is not in the same league as the other two. KIS has more settings to tweak the BD, is lighter, and more stable. So i would chose KIS also, if having to chose from just these 3.

P

Plexx

The poll between the 3 suites is based on what?
System usage/detection/cleaning or overall usage?

Also what population is targeted (beginner, intermediate or advanced)?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Both have really tough overall positive performance on suites but if I need to choose then I would go for Avast 7 IS for being simple and user friendly with great protection.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I say Kaspersky. Bitdefender 2011 was great and 2012 has gone the wrong way. Also Avast has a good Antivirus but the other components are not as mature as the AV.
McLovin KIS 2012 has improved a lot. Cant find slowdowns. KIS has a slowdown issue when Windows defender is enabled. Next time check if Windows Defender is switched off. KIS sometimes misses to do so.

.Sam.

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 9, 2011
malbky said:
I say Kaspersky. Bitdefender 2011 was great and 2012 has gone the wrong way. Also Avast has a good Antivirus but the other components are not as mature as the AV.
McLovin KIS 2012 has improved a lot. Cant find slowdowns. KIS has a slowdown issue when Windows defender is enabled. Next time check if Windows Defender is switched off. KIS sometimes misses to do so.

Yes, KIS 2012 improve their speed a lot,the performance (lagness) almost like eset , smooth :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None.

Internet Suites are over-rated. No one ever uses them to their full potential.

+1 biozfear

P

Plexx

Earth said:
None.

Internet Suites are over-rated. No one ever uses them to their full potential.

+1 biozfear

Earth does have a point. Even us as more advanced users don't use the suite to its full potential (well I speak for myself at least).

If we are to analyse all 3 suits:

Avast:
+: Decent Engine, easy interface, low on resources and rarely any slowdowns during scans.
-: Firewall and Anti-spam to be desired.

Kaspersky:
+: Good detection, Cleaning, Virtual Keyboard.
-: Issues with Safe Run for websites on 64bit OS, System slow downs when scanning, Scan Speed a bit slow, UI not that user friendly the moment you go into options, Firewall is not an easy in any way for the average user and specially for games, can be problematic.

Bitdefender:
+:UI is friendly although colours could be improved (ie like Comodo's skins options), friendly options to tweak the suite, detection rate is decent (during my tests), good privacy control options.
-: Resources usage was high, cleaning wasn't really very successful, Auto-Pilot Setting is something I personally did not like at all (auto pilot is my own opinion though).

Based on all the above, if I am to choose one of the 3, I would rather strip down each one and find alternatives for some of the features (for example, get Avast AV + a decent Firewall etc.

But if I had no choice at all, Avast, but with the - disabled of course.

Thats my opinion tho, don't read it as if it was the bible.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
AIS version 7 please for me...i love the IP tracker in AIS...

Avast 7 also did very well in latest tests on youtube,AV-compartives etc etc..excellent detection score in re-time dynamic testing and good enough features..:D

agree with earth's previous reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.