Avast 8 beta leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
ryan said:
Looks like avast has some investigating to do.
Ryan, with respect there's not a lot they can do now.
Any damage has already been done.

I suspect now they'll release beta publically to avoid further 'leaks'.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
I never liked Avast if you ask my opinion,so I am NOT excited at all about it,in my opinion (Avast fans,please don't rust at me,remember 'opinions') :
It is a suck-ish anti-virus. I'll go better find something better for free like Comodo Internet Security free edition or Kaspersky IS or Eset Smart Security (currently using ESS)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you elaborate, why do you find that Avast is a "suck-ish antivirus" compared to your favourites; Comodo, Kaspersky and ESET?

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Earth said:
Could you elaborate, why do you find that Avast is a "suck-ish antivirus" compared to your favourites; Comodo, Kaspersky and ESET?

When I installed the 7.00 IS version,it slowed my Win 7 down so much and made my browser look like crap. Also,it actually got corrupted on my junk-pc while I was testing it against 0-day Malware (The PC is currently not-bookable).

Sorry for it. Also,they are not my favorite,sir. Kaspersky/Comodo are one of the kick-butt antiviruses. Sorry again

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.