App Review Avast 8 Free Antivirus Beta (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
No idea why there were temp files as I did clear them. :-/

Also did a test on Avast 8 Beta, did not do the best, but who am I to say they can't improve on the Beta. :)

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
McLovin said:
No idea why there were temp files as I did clear them. :-/

Also did a test on Avast 8 Beta, did not do the best, but who am I to say they can't improve on the Beta. :)

Enjoy.

you are the! McLovin (MrIT) if my memory serves me correct

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
softwareFREEk said:
you are the McLovin (MrIT) if my memory serves me correct

Yes, that is correct. I'm MrITReviews. :)

G

Guest28

Correct me if i am wrong...... but i don't see the avast! Auto Sandbox at all on this beta version.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ryan said:
Is it well hidden or is it missing?

ryan said:
Correct me if i am wrong...... but i don't see the avast! Auto Sandbox at all on this beta version.

No I can't find it either. Might not have got that far yet with the Beta.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Tom172 said:
Beta software is like an unfinished painting. Reserve all judgment until the finished product :)

True, you need to do that with all Beta software.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Tom172 said:
Beta software is like an unfinished painting. Reserve all judgment until the finished product :)

you got it in one Tom172

Thomas Jefferson said:
"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

in 'Laymans' patience is a virtue :p

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
nishadrox said:
Whoa! Good to know that. I admire your reviews very much. You are the best reviewer on YouTube :D

Thank you very much, but I don't think that I'm the best. You have other good reviewers like; Biozfear, MalwareDoctor, Languy and that's to name a few.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
The Russians aren't bad reviewers either.
Although i do struggle to understand them sometimes :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/comsstv

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I doubt it's a Beta version, probably an Alpha release (even with Beta label) -could be wrong.

ryan said:

On a side note, the pop-ups aren't as nice as before as seen in the video.

I still believe Haute Secure had the best design, before it was bought out and discontinued. SAD face.

Looking forward to see REVIEWS from a Public Beta.

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
McLovin said:
nishadrox said:
Whoa! Good to know that. I admire your reviews very much. You are the best reviewer on YouTube :D

Thank you very much, but I don't think that I'm the best. You have other good reviewers like; Biozfear, MalwareDoctor, Languy and that's to name a few.

Yeah. But most of those reviewers' reviews are too long. But yours are short and well organized and well edited. No offense to other reviewers :)

I

illumination

I have not ever cared much for previous versions of Avast, but seems to be much improvement in this one. Will have to keep an eye out for the final release to see where they have taken this product!
Nice Review McLovin!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.