App Review Avast 8 Free Antivirus Beta (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Merebear1101

Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I am going to wait for Avast 8 free is out. I heard that beta can mess up your computer. I don't download the beta version.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Merebear1101 said:
I am going to wait for Avast 8 free is out. I heard that beta can mess up your computer. I don't download the beta version.

Well, when trying it out, I had no problems installing it / using it. Just the detection rate wasn't the best.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I sometimes wonder if Avast's heart is still in it. AVG seems to have caught up with them; Avast seems a little more vulnerable these days, and AVG seems significantly better than it used to be. I guess Avast's sandbox might keep it ahead of their neighbor though.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Remember this is still a Beta, so I guarantee it that it will improve. :)

Carolinaeliz

Jan 3, 2013
If you have any doubt or anything dont even try it, Better go to the antivirus what you like and also check whether it suits your features of system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.