Battle Avast 8 Pro antivirus VS Avira premium 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalilnovember

Thread author
Jul 15, 2013
Hello, i'm new on this great forum, so my question is : Which is best : Avast 8 Pro antivirus or Avira Premium 2013 ? Thank You ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome, have you tried either products mentioned? Or are you throwing both in the water to see who sinks first?

I've added a Poll, so members can vote. ;)

Jalilnovember

Thread author
Jul 15, 2013
Earth said:
Welcome, have you tried either products mentioned? Or are you throwing both in the water to see who sinks first?

I've added a Poll, so members can vote. ;)

I'm using right now avast 8 Pro, but i'm wishing if Avira would be performing better than Avast, so i want to know the different opinions of different users of both products in order to compare ;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Why not Avast Free vs. Avira Free? both have all of the features to protect the basic user.

What does Avira Pro have that the free version doesn't?

Limitations in the freeware version:
-Freeware version doesn't support these following features-
* AntiPhishing watches out for identity theft and scams. (free if you install the WebGuard toolbar provided by Ask.com)
* ProActive halts unknown threats by tracking suspicious behavior.
* Live Support provides interactive help from an Avira expert.
* Game Mode lets you suspend unnecessary notifications during games and movies.
* AntiDrive-by prevents unwanted downloads while surfing. (free if you install the WebGuard toolbar provided by Ask.com)
* Mail Protection keeps infected emails at a safe distance from your inbox.
* Not for Commercial or Business use
* Nag screen ads for paid Avira products.

What does Avast Pro have that the free version doesn't?

* SafeZone- Secures online banking and purchases (e.g. airline tickets).
* Sandbox- Provides safe virtual space (not on your PC) to surf and run programs.
* Support only offered by their support forum.

Most users would never need these Pro features.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.