avast! 9.0.2006 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
upgraded from version8 to 9 by program update, working fine for me at the moment. Faced lots of problems with RC2 when tried. But final is working for me OK till now .
But facing lots of difficulties to find exact options as most of icons and menu's changed in this version. Example: Manual update is pushed into settings>Update.

URL protection ratings system changed totally, removed odd ratings options, and make it only positive/negative.

Snap_2013_10_16_11_33_10_002.jpg

Snap_2013_10_16_11_35_58_001.png

gone

Level 1
Jul 10, 2012
Facing a difficult problem. The scans both quick and full freezes at the starting of scans.explorer scan and boot scans works perfect. tried all means still now way to rectify.
Windows 7 32bit.

norton737

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
9.0.2006 is just RC4! There are still some bugs and some functions don't work as expected!
New update will be out in 2 weeks with bugfixes and engine improvements!

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
norton737 said:
9.0.2006 is just RC4! There are still some bugs and some functions don't work as expected!
New update will be out in 2 weeks with bugfixes and engine improvements!
Agreed! It should've been labeled a RC, and not final release. See quote below from VLK of avast on Wilders today.
In general, DeepScreen is currently far from reaching its full potential. We had to disable the Dynamic Translation layer for a while (because of some technical issues) but these should be fixed promptly. Also, DynaGen is not up'n'running yet. So, currently, DeepScreen's detection rates are only a tad better than the ones of Autosandbox in v8, but I'm quite confident that they will get substantially better in the next couple of weeks or so.

Cheers
Vlk

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
In my previous post I experienced Action Center bug that did not recognize Avast was on, after Avast receive its first update the bug disappeared.

I'm not experiencing any issues with 9.0.2006 Final now, it looks like updates have already patched the bugs.

9.0.2006 Final uses less resources somehow is much lighter.
They have did an excellent job with development.

Thanks. :D

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I decided to try the 30 day Avast Interner Security 2014 and so far I am impressed. Recource usage is very low: 3 processes with 7 - 8 megs at idle, and 12 - 45 megs during scans.
I also like the UI.

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Viking said:
I decided to try the 30 day Avast Interner Security 2014 and so far I am impressed. Recource usage is very low: 3 processes with 7 - 8 megs at idle, and 12 - 45 megs during scans.
I also like the UI.

Great! I might switch to it too. How's the firewall?

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I have left the Firewall at default. I haven't played around with it.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Wow i'v not been to the Avast forum for awhile but i see a lot of people having trouble with this
new version and i understand as it happens with new versions

but whats sad is the Avast Fanboys (nothing against them) start fighting in a OP's post among there
self's or having one line comments that helps no one and gets post locked and no answer for the OP

some are just flat rude with no help at all

i'v seen it at Avasts forum for a long time you would think someone would warn them or something but
it just keeps going on and on

Wow just Wow

:)

James

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Im running the new avast alongside comodo firewall 6.3 with no issues to report.

I must be one of the lucky ones then.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
jim lin said:
Wow i'v not been to the Avast forum for awhile but i see a lot of people having trouble with this new version, but whats sad is the Avast Fanboys (nothing against them) start fighting in a OP's post among there
self's, or having one line comments that helps no one and gets post locked and no answer for the OP. Some are just flat rude with no help at all

i'v seen it at Avasts forum for a long time you would think someone would warn them or something but it just keeps going on and on.

Wow just Wow

James
Yeah, some of the forum helpers there treat their users seeking help pretty shabby. And the moderators don't seem to care.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think people get carried away whilst being on a Forum for a long time.. :blush:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
aztony said:
jim lin said:
Wow i'v not been to the Avast forum for awhile but i see a lot of people having trouble with this new version, but whats sad is the Avast Fanboys (nothing against them) start fighting in a OP's post among there
self's, or having one line comments that helps no one and gets post locked and no answer for the OP. Some are just flat rude with no help at all

i'v seen it at Avasts forum for a long time you would think someone would warn them or something but it just keeps going on and on.

Wow just Wow

James
Yeah, some of the forum helpers there treat their users seeking help pretty shabby. And the moderators don't seem to care.

I don't visit the Avast forums very often but what I do know this is more about the battle of fanboys of Avast and fanboys of other AV products.

There was trolls going into the Avast forums making fake posts about problems and bugs that don't exists, trying to make Avast look bad.

Of coarse the Avast fanboys got tired of it and now are on edge trying to defend Avast.

For users really needing help with Avast they offer free phone support, submit help tickets to the tech support and remote assistant. Not many free products offer this kind of support to free users.

A lot of these users having all of these problems with Avast are just fake trolls trying to cause problems. I believe the mods know this and that is why they let it go on.

Most of these threads made by these users don't offer anything helpful to identify the problems that they are having because there are fake reports.

If these reports were real then at least a few of my customers would have experience issues with Avast and so far none have said anything and I have Avast installed on three of my own systems and I haven't experience any issues except for Avast not registering correctly in the Action Center which appears to be solved now.

You can expect this to happen since Avast is the most popular free AV.
It has attracted fanboys who love the product and other competitors who hate the product because they want their products to be more popular.

So if you are having problems with Avast use their other free support options besides their forum until things calm down a bit. You might be treated too kindly because they may think that you are one of these trolls.

Thanks. :D

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I don't visit the Avast forums very often but what I do know this is more about the battle of fanboys of Avast and fanboys of other AV products. There was trolls going into the Avast forums making fake posts about problems and bugs that don't exists, trying to make Avast look bad.

Of course, the Avast fanboys got tired of it and now are on edge trying to defend Avast. For users really needing help with Avast they offer free phone support, submit help tickets to the tech support and remote assistant. Not many free products offer this kind of support to free users.

A lot of these users having all of these problems with Avast are just fake trolls trying to cause problems. I believe the mods know this and that is why they let it go on.
While I wouldn't dispute that fanboy-ism is probably at play, I think given the amount of issues, many of them identical for myriad users, there are plenty of genuine avast users having real issues with this release. Because you and your clients haven't had any problems don't think the rest of the world doesn't. I monitor the Avast forum quite extensively since I beta tested from RC1 thru RC3, and then the final. So I know what many of the complaints/issues were. I saw one forum helper call an avast user a troll for pointing out that avastclear.exe disappeared from his desktop after uninstalling avast and rebooting. Three (3) pages of confirmations later by other users who experienced that same thing, (including Überevangelist) no apology was given to the user who 1st reported it. The helper who insulted him scribbled something about it possibly having something to do with unused icons on his desktop, making himself look more of an idiot before he disappeared from the thread, and dispensing his wisdom.

Nor would I recommend calling avast customer support or their remote assistance. The conscientious forum helpers also advise against it, since it is widely reported on the forum that users are being scammed by unscrupulous techs, who often make rendering assistance conditional on $179.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
What's wrong with submitting a ticket to support then?
They always reply promptly and give helpful info.

With the ways things are going in the Avast forum, that would be the last place I would recommend users to get support from. I'm sure some of these posts are real users experiencing problems and need to be treated with respect.

Avast really needs to do something about the way users are treated in their forums, if Mods do very little to stop members from treating new users like crap. The trolls goals were to destroy the support forum since they couldn't do anything else to stop Avast's popularity and it looks like the trolls have succeeded in their goals. Avast should just shutdown their support forums and move to submitting tickets only. Since tickets require important info needed to diagnose the problems, posts on the support most of the time lack important info and no help can result. Then they could create a Beta Forum for testers only that way the fanboys wouldn't have to worry about fighting trolls.

The developers don't pay that much attention and have very little to do with the support forum anyway, if you want help go to the source and submit a ticket that way it goes directly to the development dept and you don't have to mess with fanboys on the forum or be apart of the on-going battle.

Enjoy!! :D

Adan Bailey

Oct 19, 2013
You did a good job by sharing this beautiful collection. It is the best system saving technique to escape from viruses. I have downloaded and enjoying it.

G

Guest28

L0L upon updating avast today. I had this odd server name come up after the update.

Http:sexeluvu: I lol'ed. see picture image below.

Attachments

• avast lol.png
    avast lol.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 550

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
ryan said:
L0L upon updating avast today. I had this odd server name come up after the update.

Http:sexeluvu: I lol'ed. see picture image below.

Lmao. But really, wtf is that all about?

G

Guest28

I have no idea i was baffled when i saw it. I mean is that an actual server name they have lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.