Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I find that Avast even though doesn't have the best detection ratio is a very solid product compared to the other products like Qihoo, it just feels more steady and reliable to me even though it could have a little more features like USB protection and such. But it's one of the easiest AVs to use out there. It doesn't even as you if you wanna quarantine the malware it just does it for you, where as AVs like AVG require you to click on quarantine every time and the delay could cause conflicting problems within the AV itself (not to shame AVG, it is still an amazing product that I have used and loved a long long time ago).

Avast! is catered more for basic users who don't have enough knowledge to decide for themselves whether to quarantine the programme or not, and not like Kaspersky where they give you a lot of options if you wanna quarantine or disinfect or to let the threat pass.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@vrb93 In what ways is avast (Free) superior to AVG (Free)? Could you explain without mentioning detection rates? :D

Reactions: vrb93

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Almost 8/10 of infected PCs I've ever seen were running AVG :)
It's very popular, but also Avast and Avira are so: it' not a question of numbers :rolleyes:
And when I tested it, it was capable of high detection rates, but its removal power was very very poor ;)

dragonmew

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i think avast is good im getting a new pc soon gonna use comodo firewall and avast free or look into premium see what it offers

best security setup is this in my eyes

avast av (free or paid)
comodo firewall (free)
malwarebytes (pro)
privazer
iobit uninstaller to get rid of system bloat

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
avast is a decent antivirus however there are better options like 360 total security,everything depends on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.