Advice Request Avast! Email today (Update: Secure ID for US)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Got an email from Avast! this morning. Was curious as to what any of you think it might be…
AFE3628A-DD43-40BB-B81F-8180939D75E4.jpeg

Any guesses or thoughts???

✌️ Y’all

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
That’s kinda what I was thinking.
I don't think Norton would migrate AVG/Avast to Norton product lines, I know they moved BullGuard but was a tiny vendor compared to Avast/AVG.

My own feelings they are probably going to keep Avast operating as a separate entity but owned by them.

If they did migrate it would be interesting what they do for avast/avg free users since Norton not got a free version.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Hopefully it's not a forced migration to Norton 🙃.

I don't think Norton would migrate AVG/Avast to Norton product lines, I know they moved BullGuard but was a tiny vendor compared to Avast/AVG.

My own feelings they are probably going to keep Avast operating as a separate entity but owned by them.

If they did migrate it would be interesting what they do for avast/avg free users since Norton not got a free version.

Hope as well that they just leave Avast alone. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. ✌️

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hopefully it's not a forced migration to Norton 🙃.
I do not think so. My guess is that they will offer their premium version for free. Or they will upgrade all free users to Premium.

I would love to have a version of Avast with the Avast! database and Norton SONAR but I can keep dreaming... :p
Sonar is not needed by Avat tbh. After Avast acquired AVG, their behavioral protection received a boost by incorporating AVG Identity Protection (AVG’s BB).

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Of course that’s a possibility. Just remember to untick the auto renew and remove your credit card, and get yourself ready to try to get a refund!!! 😂
(Obvious sarcasm. I detest their horrible tactics)

✌️
The most ridiculous thing is if you buy a product key from a 3rd party l, they ask you to provide CC number when you activate the product key.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
The most ridiculous thing is if you buy a product key from a 3rd party l, they ask you to provide CC number when you activate the product key.
With any AV that requires CC etc such as Norton (I've not had that with Avast) use PayPal & then 5 mins after install block future payments, works a treat - A friend of mine uses Norton & installed the most basic AV and 1 user, they want as I remember £64:00 at next renew, beyond crazy - I told him u can buy at a pittance from EBay and add a code.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I purchased a code for Norton from eBay and when I tried to redeem it, Norton required me to enter billing info so that my protection stays uninterrupted (auto renewal).
That's my experience with Norton but you can log in & cease any renewal, & a year later add another code - However it sems to me Norton make this more complicated than it need be which is why Norton is off my use list - You really need to know you can cancel renewal, legal but not very decent, no doubt lots are caught by this and pay lots for renewal - Shame as Noto is a decent AV.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.