App Review Avast Free Antivirus 2015 v10 Finale (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton Power Eraser is known to be more aggressive and may produce FP.

- Was this performed inside a VM or Physical computer?
- Was avast NG present and running?
- Why no post-scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

M

Manzai

Thread author
Norton Power Eraser is known to be more aggressive and may produce FP.

- Was this performed inside a VM or Physical computer?
- Was avast NG present and running?
- Why no post-scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

1. VM
2. I think . ( @Secondmineboy )
3. Scan long in my VM

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
ether way avast let in things into system 32 and other important folders which that's a big no no

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
@Manzai As far as I know according to the beta information, avast NG isn't VM-compatible.

This is true, I'm not a fan of avast! recently but all of these test/youtube tests of the recent version of avast! are all but useless since NG is not VM-Compatible

Only true way to test the recent version is go buy or somehow get ahold of a computer you wouldn't mind infecting.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
very good review and i agree with you that avast needs improvement on their 0 day component;)
thanks Manzai for the good review:)

Reactions: nsm0220 and Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.