App Review Avast Free Antivirus 8.0.1478 Beta 3 - Complet Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
1_Jeu_Par_Jour is not a malware even not an adware should be a safe file ...

chat is also a safe file ...
Can you guys please check the files using VT uplauder ?
Avast did a perfect job again all malware undetected by its DB have been detected by Evo-Gen or FileRepMalware, rest were either safe or not actually malware.

spywar.
Many Many safe samples but anyway Avast blocked all the malwares.

P

Plexx

It is up to the Tester to check the files in VT and what not.

The purpose of the test itself is to show how would avast perform, not so much if it simply fails to detect or fully detects files.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
I know but as you see avast! blocked all the malwares and let the safe things pass (MBAM detects only one trace btw ...) I know these samples I'm sure many were safe but this was a good test that shows power of Evo-Gen thanks ptup.

P

Plexx

spywar said:
I know but as you see avast! blocked all the malwares and let the safe things pass (MBAM detects only one trace btw ...) I know these samples I'm sure many were safe but this was a good test that shows power of Evo-Gen thanks ptup.

I never said avast! didn't or did block files.

All I am saying is that it is up to the user who did the test to check files in VT etc, since you said in one of your posts for us to check in VT.

ptup does not always do tests and when he does, his main focus is to see how the product will perform. Detection and perhaps FP's or safe files is not much concerned. Also considering it is a beta version, the video main purpose is to allow users to view the latest build in action.

Consider it an educational video.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.