Avast+Free+Antivirus+for+Window+8.jpg

Download Avast! Free Antivirus for Window 8

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes. The latest avast! version 7 is Windows 8 compatible.

P

Plexx

Is this the version that contains the patch that they released for windows 8 issues?

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
BSOD issue in windows 8 was fixed in Avast 7.0.1474. ...that's what release notes say....there is some slowdown in startup except that no issue for me...

Changelog of latest version of Avast:
1. Win8 BSOD fixed (but still investigating some issues)
2. Crashes, freezes on WinXp 64b fixed
3. WebRep issues fixed
4. Sandbox stability improved

zorror

Verified
Nov 25, 2012
KelvinW4 said:
Are all the bugs ironed out? I've seen lots of reports of problems :l

yes! No problems now.
I am using Avast Free AV on 64bit.

P

Plexx

I wonder why they don't fully beta test a build before releasing it. Every single build has more issues than fixes.

Nevertheless good to know they incorporated the patch into the current build, since most users had no choice to go to the forums and dig the post with patch link or ask questions.

Edit: A quick look here and all you see are problems even concerning W7.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've never seem to have had problems with Avast Free, except for the non-working Streaming Updates.

P

Plexx

Well streaming updates doesnt work on my other laptop but it did work on my gaming one.

Still cannot figure it out why or what. Spent nearly an hour searching before in avast forums and gave up for the streaming updates mystery.

Merebear1101

Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I have Avast Free on my windows XP. I haven't had any problems yet. I hope it will stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.