App Review Avast Free Antivirus v2017 - TPSC Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I am not happy with the test.Many samples are not running and i like to see retest of the avast.:(No avast behavior shield alerts.
+1
@MalwareBlockerYT should do a AVG/Avast Review based on some nasties from the Vault - maybe with signatures off to see the dynamic performance :)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I am not happy with the test.Many samples are not running and i like to see retest of the avast.:(No avast behavior shield alerts.

Thanks for sharing :)
Yes a decent test, but honestly I don't like when the reviewer uses to rename the samples: malware (1)...malware (2)...etc.
Something to hide ?.....

The testers get their samples with SHA256: a7693198ebe5cec461b5acda26185795f149514afb5cb5972eb2ac07a4ade4aa.bin
It seems to me they always adding the file extension .EXE (malware[1].exe) to every file without proving the file type of the samples.
If you don't get the original file type sometimes the sample is not able to run (Exactly that happened in the video) ;)

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Thanks to Der.Reisende for sharing and Leo for testing.

I had similar good results with Avast just wondering if it`s due in some part to the incorporation of AVG`s "Identity Protection" within Avast ?

Just a thought.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.