Battle Avast Free Antivirus vs Qihoo 360 Total Security

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
I think about these two antivirus, help me decide which one to choose. And I have a question whether in Qihoo 360 Total Security, I can choose whether you want to install modules such as Cleaner? I do not need this, and the Essential version is no longer being developed

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I'll go with 360 for the sake of debate, although I use both on different PCs. Avast might be the more sophisticated program and more powerful when configured correctly; however, 360 hides a simple brand of complexity that is quite extensive in its scope. Because it is so simple in comparison, settings-wise and features-wise, the program is open to the criticism that it doesn't protect on enough levels. No problem with that assessment. I agree. However, for a simple program, tools ignored, 360 is very surprisingly clever underneath everything.

Only adding comments about 360, because I am looking forward to seeing where development takes the program. BTW 360 is a GREAT compliment to Comodo Firewall or CIS. Love this combo, especially throwing in NTV ERP for a double look at script activity and for wildcard whitelisting of scripts...

Oh yes, almost forgot. Yes, blocking the internet connection of PromoUtil.exe in 360 will stop the ads in the program. Really enjoyed reading these comments. You guys have covered alot of ground in this thread on a cool topic to me... :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast is very light and has amazing protection. Used it for many years and still hasn't failed me! :)
No problems with Qihoo but prefer Avast.

Reactions: AtlBo

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
Are these selected components true enough?
I still think of the installation of "Avast Online Security" browser plugin

37802121775958051346.png

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Are these selected components true enough?
I still think of the installation of "Avast Online Security" browser plugin

37802121775958051346.png
File System Shield, Behavior Shield and Web Shield are crucial. The rest of the components are completely optional and at your discretion whether to install or not.

I don't see much point of installing Avast Online Security. It's not required by Avast to block malicious websites and its ability to block trackers is done better by ad blockers or other privacy extensions such as Disconnect or Privacy Badger.

Reactions: AtlBo and Jogos

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
File System Shield, Behavior Shield and Web Shield are crucial. The rest of the components are completely optional and at your discretion whether to install or not.

I don't see much point of installing Avast Online Security. It's not required by Avast to block malicious websites and its ability to block trackers is done better by ad blockers or other privacy extensions such as Disconnect or Privacy Badger.

You are absolutely right, I have uBlock Origin installed

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015

2010barba

Level 1
Verified
Apr 7, 2014
[Quote = "Jogos, mensaje: 618.764, miembro de: 60903"] Creo que sobre estos dos antivirus, ayúdame a decidir cuál elegir. Y tengo una pregunta de si en Qihoo 360 Total Security, puedo elegir si desea instalar módulos tales como limpiador? No necesito esto, y ya no se está desarrollando la versión esencial [/ quote]

I had qihoo 4 years, and 7 months ago Avast and my answer is the following:
I sincerely like that 360 detects new files as Unknown such as "Malware", Thing that Avast not only puts it in sandbo and lets pass if it does not detect anything, That is something that I miss a lot of 360, but only that because avast in The comparison has a 99.9% of detections and the truth that I have not infected until now and that I browse everywhere, Avast weighs less is lighter and is more gradable both the graphical form and the configuration and has AvastWebrep You die if a page is malintecionada or not (Fail .. Like everything hehe).

Conclucion; I recommend avast and configure it with everything to the maximum! ;)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
[Quote = "Jogos, mensaje: 618.764, miembro de: 60903"] Creo que sobre estos dos antivirus, ayúdame a decidir cuál elegir. Y tengo una pregunta de si en Qihoo 360 Total Security, puedo elegir si desea instalar módulos tales como limpiador? No necesito esto, y ya no se está desarrollando la versión esencial [/ quote]

I had qihoo 4 years, and 7 months ago Avast and my answer is the following:
I sincerely like that 360 detects new files as Unknown such as "Malware", Thing that Avast not only puts it in sandbo and lets pass if it does not detect anything, That is something that I miss a lot of 360, but only that because avast in The comparison has a 99.9% of detections and the truth that I have not infected until now and that I browse everywhere, Avast weighs less is lighter and is more gradable both the graphical form and the configuration and has AvastWebrep You die if a page is malintecionada or not (Fail .. Like everything hehe).

Conclucion; I recommend avast and configure it with everything to the maximum! ;)

If you configure Avast to max in all components your computer will be slower than a toaster.

Malware Person

Level 4
Verified
Jun 8, 2016
Avast is really solid, and I like all the bonus features it has to offer! it has many things included in it that is rare in free antiviruses. I do wish it could bring its system impact down though. And its behavior shield is also sometimes too slow to block the malware, but I would still recommend Avast over Qihoo 360.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Orion

Level 2
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
I would say use what works for you.Avast seems to have problems at times.But again you have to use and get the feel of what works best for you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.