Installation
4.00 star(s)
Installation Feedback
Fast install.
No bundlers
Interface (UI)
4.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
Attractive user interface with a lot of fancy colours.
Usability
2.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
Nice icons and buttons.
Hard to navigate to the settings.
Lots of threatening pop ups.
Performance and System Impact
3.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
Slows down your computer a lot and uses quite a lot of resources.
Protection
3.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Decent web and malware protection.
Scans unknown files automatically
Real-time file system protection
3.00 star(s)
Internet Surf protection
2.00 star(s)
Proactive Intrusion protection
3.00 star(s)
Network protection
2.00 star(s)
Pros
It's a free software
Lots of great features
Easy to use
Ransomware protection
Accurate and reliable antivirus engine
Well designed, clear interface
Multiple layers of protection
Cons
Basics-only feature set
Noticeable system impact
Can be resource-hungry
Antivirus capabilities are average at best
Weak protection against zero-day threats
Lots of popups when running
Irritating privacy settings
Includes links to paid-for components
Nags about purchasing other version
Not as many features as some competitors
Scans can be rather slow
Can slow down your browsing speed
Slows down browsing the Internet
Opening, copying or saving a file is noticeably slower
Significant impact while playing games
Software installed on computer
Less than 30 days
Computer Specifications
Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube

Intel Core i5-6400
geForce GTX 1070
C: drive
Manufacturer: SanDisk
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 119 GB

D: drive
Manufacturer: Seagate
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 931 GB
Recommended for
All types of users
Overall Rating
2.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

BadToad

Level 1
I used Avast Free for a long time but when they started telling users they were at risk(cannot remember for what) I had enough.I was getting tired of asking Avast Forum members what are these risks,can someone explain? Never got an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Avast Free, no bundles? XD . How about the Safe Price, Safe Zone(Now it's called Avast Secure Browser), Secure Line VPN(unticked by default), and the "Avast recommends you to install Google Chrome Browser" thing? But thank god, at least we can get rid of them easily via "Customize Installation" :)

What do you mean by :
Scans unknown files automatically,, under Protection Feedback,.
I mean didn't get what you have said
Watching some reviews shows that it sometimes sends a file to be analyzed by their lab.

Avast Free, no bundles? XD . How about the Safe Price, Safe Zone(Now it's called Avast Secure Browser), Secure Line VPN(unticked by default), and the "Avast recommends you to install Google Chrome Browser" thing? But thank god, at least we can get rid of them easily via "Customize Installation" :)
Yeah, I forgot.

Pat MacKnife

Level 8
Verified
Blocking avastui in firewall to get rid from ads its just not done and what else to do if it brings down detection.... it still sends a lot of telemetry to avast even if you disable things.
I've given up on avast a while ago ... also the forum was hacked in 2014 and they (hackers) got e-mail adres from all members ( have i been pownend ) i still receive lots of phishing mails because of the forum hack :/ (so still difficult to trust avast)

BadToad

Level 1
I forgot about Avast turning on your webcam when all you had to do was disable it.Yes you had to click the pop up but it was still a scare tactic.They should do what Comodo does and include a check box for pop ups.