Battle Avast free vs Avira free

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
For me Avira.
Is complete free (Avast must been activated every year via email). Have better signatures but don't have included web protection. For this is here Avira Browser Safety. UI hm i like Avira UI more that AVAST. Both are very light and fast.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I'm avast user, both have good things.

Avast: has good .gen detection, stream updates, NG + cloud detection, hardened mode. The downside is the damn ads.
Avira: has good detection, APC is amazing, updates every 2 hours. The downside is that they don't have 0-day protection (scripts can bypass the AV), removal issues and the exclusion list works wierd.

I can't tell you what to use, you should try and see what works best for you.

AVG is a good product too (you can take a look, IDP is very, very good). My top 3 is: Avast, AVG, Avira. I also love Tencent PC Manager (if you wanna use chinese software and you are not paranoid)

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
My humble vote goes to Avast!

Avast Free- Multi layer protection (File system shield + Web shield + NG (virtual scan) +extra security features like Hardened mode, Browser cleanup, Router security check etc.

Avira Free- Single layer protection (File system real time detection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.