Battle Avast Free + Windows 10 Firewall vs Bitdefender Internet Security

THpubs

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 2, 2015
I'm a former Bitdefender Internet Security user. Looking to experiment with other products. I want to know what is the best choice for my Windows 10 lap. I don't want my machine to get slow but need enough protection. Also, need to mention that I plug my lap to my office network so need protection from others possibly infected machines in the network.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
according to my knowledge, WSH include 2 main processes: wscript.exe and cscript.exe. File types: .JS, and .JSE, .VBS and .VBE. Disabling WSH will prevent these files to run
powershell does not belong to this category.

I don't know if CF covers what types but normal users should never execute these extensions. Sometimes, .vbs files are useful
Spot on and solid wisdom there brother ;)

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I think product from same vendor will produce more streamlined and smooth operation. If you want free Internet Security suite, just use Comodo Internet Security.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.