Battle Avast Internet Security 2016 VS Emsisoft Internet Security 11

sun39

Thread author
Sep 20, 2015
Which offers better protection on Windows x64: Avast Internet Security 2016 or Emsisoft Internet Security 11?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Noxx

Since AVAST Internet Security is a full-fledged security suite, it, unlike Emsisoft AntiMalware, comes with a firewall, sandbox, router/DNS prot, anti-spam, etc. However, Emsisoft AntiMalware for not being a full security suite holds its own with its behavior guard, surf prot, and real-time malware prot. Emsisoft AntiMalware runs faster, but again, it has less features. For me, the Emsisoft UI is less clunky than AVAST. Emsisoft's signatures are top-notch, and AVAST from the results I've seen in the malware hub, have improved. If you take full advantage of all AVAST's IS features, you overall get a broader set of protection. You add Emsisoft's firewall into the mix, it becomes a closer battle. But for this poll, AVAST IS takes it. In terms of personal preference, I'd probably go with Emsisoft and add an anti-executable like NVT Exe Radar Pro or APPGUARD and feel safer than AVAST IS.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I vote Emsisoft "IS 11" because of its solid Firewall, and employing the BD engine as well as being lighter with less bloat.
why are we comparing Avast IS against Emsisoft AM, when Emsisoft has a IS
to go head to head with Avast ?
strange, :)
PS: the AM has no firewall, it's in the IS version

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
It is a good question. I used Avast IS and Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 some years ago. I liked them both. As I remember Emsisoft Anti-Malware doesn't have the inbuilt firewall but avast has. It is easy to get license for both products by inviting friends you license will be extended. I guess Avast IS consumes more system resources and has more settings

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You should be comparing Avast Internet Security 2016 to Emsisoft Internet Security 11.
You cannot compare a Security Suite to an Anti Malware Program and get an accurate response.

Mod Edit: Poll edited to reflect this as you can not compare AIS to EAM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast IS 2016 contains a full pledge package version here which even though have decent protection but the convenience to make your task secure can provide easily.

Meanwhile Emsisoft AM/IS are more on the protection basis which they follow on their slogan 'No Bloatware components'.

Pick your choice, it depends on the user preferences.

N

Noxx

In accordance with exterminator's edit of the thread, I vote Emsisoft Internet Security for reasons already listed. AVAST IS is solid, but any extra features AVAST has, I don't feel triumph's Emsisoft's Firewall, malware engine, and behavior blocker.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
how you can compare the program antyvirusowy full package program malware, these are two different programs.
you have to read what is it for one and what is the second, then he will answer.

Reactions: Solarlynx and Noxx
N

Noxx

how you can compare the program antyvirusowy full package program malware, these are two different programs.
you have to read what is it for one and what is the second, then he will answer.

Mod updated the poll. Now it's Emsisoft Internet Security vs. Avast Internet Security, but true enough the thread title should be changed as well in accordance with that change.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello,

First of all I have to say that I prefer Avast, but I say also the reasons: a few days ago I installed Avast and removed Trend Micro, I set Avast to max protection, thanks to @Jack guide.
I think that the protection is really good, also the web protection is really powerful and it doesn't take slow down network.
Emsisoft is not a bad product, I like it, but I prefer Avast for low resource impact; I like also the sandbox feature of Avast and the Browser SafeZone, which is really amazing and fast, although it scans all URLs to detect phishing and malware sites.
Another point for my decision is that Avast has a really good free version; despite Emsisoft that is paid.

So, this is my opinion... Now: it's up to you!

Reactions: Solarlynx and Jack

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Emsisoft definitely has a more robust Behavioral Blocker compared to Avast, honestly I think EIS is worth the money where as you can have an almost equal amount of protecting while using Avast free and downloading a third party firewall or even using windows inbuilt firewall.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Definitely have to go with Emsisoft. Have been using it for almost 3 years now (Anti-Malware), and I haven't had any infections. Avast is good, but Emsisoft is just overall better i believe. Better behavoir blocker, better detection rate (BD engine and their own), great support, and their stance on privacy.

Reactions: Solarlynx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.