Expired Avast Internet Security Giveaway

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I started yesterday after the subforum hint was published. I simply opened all the threads in new tabs and digged through them one by one until I found the right one on page 7.

1geu5f.jpeg

Congrats once again! I was at the page 3 or 4 times and i could never find it.... Mad Props, Well Deserved Meme in your Honor!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Potential winner will have to explain in detail where did he/she found the egg, so prepare some screenshot tools to point where exactly the egg is/was
It's a safety measure, when potential winner claims that he/she found the egg, I remove it temporarily from it's position and ask to point where the egg is/was. To prevent cheating

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Oh boy, I was looking around to all links in the Avast subforum (because others may not have links and connections with Avast, except CF and ZoneAlarm, and Webroot) but the white space link never came to mind, nice one @BoraMurdar , thank you for preparing us this nice challenge! :) Of course thank you all the commentator guys who were simply making me hard laugh :D And of course big congratulations to @anth2943 for being that kind of a sharpshooter lol :D

Cheers!! :)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
No, I had just linked the egg (bitly link) to an empty space from the beginning. That's why I told DardiM that he was close when he said a "white space" :D
I just not tried with too old threads :( (April...)

Congrats @anth2943 !

And Congrats to all persons who have participated.
Was a nice period of hunting :)
and thanks too, to @BoraMurdar :)
(Next year, I find it !)

Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
It was not easy, in previous Egg Hunt I've told one next hint (after saying in which forum the egg was hidden) and only then the egg was found :)

It was as Venustus said "An Epic Event". The dedication and awesome eyesight and spider sense @anth2943 has shown thru digging each thread one by one has taught me some valuable lessons: 1) There are no shortcuts. 2) Learn and practice Diligence. 3) Don't listen to the Penguin 4) Its Penguin Hunting Season!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
It was as Venustus said "An Epic Event". The dedication and awesome eyesight and spider sense @anth2943 has shown thru digging each thread one by one has taught me some valuable lessons: 1) There are no shortcuts. 2) Learn and practice Diligence. 3) Don't listen to the Penguin 4) Its Penguin Hunting Season!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!
Why don't listen to the Penguin ? "White link "was good !

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I also think the post is from Evjl's Rain (edited by an anonymous staff member ;))
I said I "think", not "have the certainty of knowing".
Why I thought it was Evjl's Rain ? => avast user, a lot of post abouts AVAST (different sorts)
And he posted :
is it me? :eek:
My user name: Evjl's Rain = 9 letters + my avatar has red & gold + my AV: avast + I saw myself in the 2nd hint

=> Then I said "I think it is..."

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Why don't listen to the Penguin ? "White link "was good !

I was fooled by the (edited by an anonymous staff member ;)) part!!!!

In some sense, I feel you and Bora is working together which is great, such bonds.... Faire le buzz

That throws me way off course :D:D:D So I Feel you are an insider working with Bora to make it even more difficult and FUN!!!!!!!!

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I was fooled by the (edited by an anonymous staff member ;)) part!!!!

In some sense, I feel you and Bora is working together which is great, such bonds....

That throws me way off course :D:D:D So I Feel you are an insider working with Bora to make it even more difficult and FUN!!!!!!!!
In fact the comic part where "edited by an anonymous staff member ;)" like an enigma, to not said @BoraMurder while it was an evidence :p

I should have written : Anonymous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.