amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi everyone
Which one do you prefer?
Which does have better proactive protection, signatures, network and internet protection (i do care about this part) and runs smoothly and light on the system (i have a SSD)
I can buy both just 7$

Additional note: Let's not talk about Privacy as we know both of them don't have a nice history (BTW, avast a little worse :))

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I don't know, maybe yes or maybe not.
there are Kasperski's opponents as well as Kasperski's supporters
but despite this it is the best system security program on the market.
I am not suggesting whether he is spying on me there or not, because every anti-virus does it, I am suggesting that it protects the system against various viruses well.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Pretty amazing IMO considering Avast just a few days ago got caught red-handed with their hands in the cookie yar and it's not even the first time. :sleep:

Personal I would pay for Kaspersky in a heartbeat as not only has the weak accusations never ever been proved, but Kaspersky is a way stronger solution. The Hub says it all.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I am also not from Russia.
Interviewed several of his friends who live there and are aware of the security situation
- everyone says that KIS is cooperating with Federal Security Service.
Stop spreading this nonsense until you can prove it.

Going back to the topic - Kaspersky all the way.
Avast and AVG shouldn't be even taken into consideration after being caught selling user data.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Personally KIS is the one I would choose & is running on this desk PC - Avast / AVG / Webroot are the only AV's I would never use (even under torture) apart from the pseudo fake ones - Kaspersky will give excellent protection as shown on here & elsewhere, I have a fair amount of trust in Eugene, in fact he is coming to tea next weekend while in the UK.

Attachments

• Eugene.jpg
    Eugene.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 178

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
Avast as a product is pretty good, but I just don't like the marketing tactics.

AVG is way cheaper than avast for virtually the same product. But there are too many plugs for you to upgrade to AVG Ultimate or get PC TuneUp.

Avast has less intrusive plugs, but costs more as a result. Makes no sense.

I don't generally recommend Kaspersky due to bugs I have seen on several (older) computers, but the protection is rock solid. Plus, factor in the support - Avast's (and AVG too) customer facing support is all outsourced to Asian firms, you're more likely to get faster and better resolutions from Kaspersky.

Overall, if Kaspersky works well, go for it.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Additional note: Let's not talk about Privacy as we know both of them don't have a nice history (BTW, avast a little worse :))

Oh.

There is plenty of damning evidence for Kaspersky out there if one cares to look.

But since we are not talking about trustworthiness and privacy...

I would encourage all to look elsewhere beyond these two choices.

Buying from a company in a country that respects and has legal protections for consumers does matter.

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020
There is plenty of damning evidence for Kaspersky out there if one cares to look.

For years "out there" someone has claimed that Kaspersky was caught with his hands in the cookie jar. But so far nobody has brought irrefutable evidence to the table. That's just inference. If the "rumours" were true, the European Commission would have pronounced itself differently.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
For years "out there" someone has claimed that Kaspersky was caught with his hands in the cookie jar. But so far nobody has brought irrefutable evidence to the table. That's just inference. If the "rumours" were true, the European Commission would have pronounced itself differently.

What did the EU Parliament state? And.... you don't know.

Kaspersky is perfect for you.

I encourage you to continue its use.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.