amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi everyone
Which one do you prefer?
Which does have better proactive protection, signatures, network and internet protection (i do care about this part) and runs smoothly and light on the system (i have a SSD)
I can buy both just 7$

Additional note: Let's not talk about Privacy as we know both of them don't have a nice history (BTW, avast a little worse :))

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
I am also not from Russia.
Interviewed several of his friends who live there and are aware of the security situation
- everyone says that KIS is cooperating with Federal Security Service.

Sure, Kaspersky is cooperating with FSB most likely... But so are Norton, McAfee and Microsoft collaborating with FBI/NSA/CIA so what's the big deal? These are things you should expect, not be surprised about.

EDIT: And TBH I'd use the exact opposite logic. If you're average American or European Kaspersky being Russian should be appealing to you. The same way if you are average Russian you should find Norton being American or ESET being European as a plus because there's less of a chance they are directly sharing your data with your own country's intelligence services. But as I said, this probably won't matter cause Microsoft is sharing your data with local intelligence services most likely anyway if need be. At least in the west.

Last edited:

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Most users do not have confidential information like State secrets etc. which can be used by these companies to further their home country's agenda. If you are one of them, then it is an entirely different case.

Reactions: Amirqqpq

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I am also not from Russia.
Interviewed several of his friends who live there and are aware of the security situation
- everyone says that KIS is cooperating with Federal Security Service.
Is that reliable or rumor-based?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.